1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how I feel about myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confused102188, Dec 6, 2011.

1. confused102188

Ok so to start of I have recently gained a tad bit of confidence in myself lately but not enough. I have no reason to complain I guess but still. I started off by finally putting my foot down and losing weight. I have so far lost 20 lbs and gone from 187 to 167 lbs. I thought that I'd be happy with my body when I got to this weight but I'm just not. I want my body to be really nice. I know its so dumb but I just do lol. I also just got a new job that is awesome so no complaints there lol. I'm thinking about spending some money and getting a personal trainer. Thanks for reading and any feedback is helpful!

2. jimL

Dude that''s great. you lost 20 pounds. I think it's great the you want to get a personal trainer. They can make all the difference in the world. It's not just about losing weight it's about being well rounded. Or, you can do what I did. Found a cute young bf. I just wanted to look so good for him that I lost about 18 pounds in about two months. It is so easy when you have a reason. I know what you mean.....I want to loose more cuz I want to look better that I do now. Life is good!

3. J Snow

You're weight loss is awesome. I haven't weighed myself in years, but I promise I'm quite a big heavier than your starting weight. Is the problem that you are depressed or that you simply don't feel as satisfied as you should.

If its depression I would advise tying to set up an appointment to speak with a therapist or some kind of professional.

If you are simply unsatisfied, trying taking up a hobby or learning a new skill. The brain is set up to make you feel good for making progress. Chances are you were feeling really good from all the physical improvement you made on your body, but now that they are starting to level off, and you are losing less and less each time you weigh in, that sense of progress is rushing off. That's very common and usually results in people giving up. What's gonna make you continue to feel happy and satisfied if improving yourself in some other easier way. Perhaps trying to learn an instrument or something?

My evolutionary psychology professor says he tries to learn a new skill every month to keep himself feeling happy and satisfied. Even if its something small, it can better yourself and make you feel better at the same time.

4. confused102188

Lol I'm doin it so I can FIND a cute boyfriend! (!)

---------- Post added 6th Dec 2011 at 10:29 PM ----------

Yea I'm thinking about finding a new skill as well. I'm definitely considering the hell out of a personal trainer though

5. Doctor Faustus

Hey man, how's it going?

That sounds awesome. (!) Just make sure you work out an exercise regime that's beneficial for you. Know what you want to get out of it. Do some market research if you have to (go to several different trainers for consultations, ask about rates &c.); spend only when you feel you're going to get both great results and your money's worth.

Hope this helps,

Dr. F.