1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Declaring my Love

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by higby442, Dec 7, 2011.

1. higby442

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well everyone, If you followed some of my recent posts you know that I was seeing someone for a couple months and last week it ended with the other guy wanting to become friends. He said that he had a few things going on in his life and that he wasn't looking for a relationship at this point but that he encouraged me to move on if I wanted a relationship. He did ask that I keep in touch.

Sometimes, when people say that you never know if they mean it, or they are just being kind in letting you down. But, the thing is, we went from being very on with eachother and suddenly one day, he wanted to be friends.

I accepted it and tried to move on. This was a week ago. I said that I respected his decision and would like to be friends. The thing is...I've never ever felt the way I felt about this guy. I don't think I ever knew what love meant until I meant this guy.

So, today I sent him an email and basically said that I know he said he was looking for a friendship, but that I was hoping to keep things something more. I stated how I felt about him and that I would take things slow if that's what he wanted. Basically, I had to tell him because if I didn't I would regret it forever. And, I put that in the email too. I told him that if he just didn't feel the same spark, no hard feelings, I just had to put it out there.

Am I crazy? I feel like I just had to say what I thought, because I didn't when we left things last week. Who knows what's going to happen, but I just had to say it. When you feel this way about a person, you just have to let them know.

What do you all think?

2. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

I think you made the right decision,

Yes letting your significant other know that you still have feelings and have a highly likely chance of them crushing them is very brave and is very admirable. Sometimes you just have to let it be... even though its going to tear you up inside like a hacksaw in your organs.

I do wish you all the best and hope all goes well for you and if not then I wish for your crushing to be less painful.

3. higby442

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the reply. I actually feel better knowing that I said it. It gives me some closure. I have not heard anything back yet, and I guess I don't expect to. Anything I do hear would be icing on the cake. But, like I said I was so torn up last week that I actually feel better now knowing I spoke what was in my heart. Whatever happens after that I can accept and move on from.