1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It Normal?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LegitRomance, Dec 7, 2011.

1. LegitRomance

(First sentence off topic, but apparently I'm catching up on posting today.)

Back on topic.
    Is it normal to start finding who you actually are at 15? Well, I honestly should say 14 since I just barely turned 15. I've heard a lot of people say someone doesn't usually find out who they really are until later on in life, but yet recently since I've been coming to terms with my whole gender identity problems (only confusion left is the orientation problem..o-o) I've come to accept myself a bit better.

I feel like this could be a bad thing, especially when I transfer back into public schools next year...

2. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's funny, because I've only really been dealing with my sexuality seriously within the last year and despite evidence to the contrary, I feel late for doing so at a relatively 'late' point in my life. [Seems like seven out of ten people on here realized when they were much, much younger.] :grin:

I wouldn't say it's a matter of whether it's 'normal' or not, though I'd say yes it is common. However, once you acknowledge the possibility of your being, let's say, 'not straight', it will likely take some time before you yourself can understand and accept it, whatever you feel that you are.

3. DhammaGamer

Self-discovery is an endless process. There is no such thing as arriving early or late to your own existence. You arrive precisely when you are meant to arrive.

4. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You can discover yourself at any age. I am 16 and I found out I'm genderfluid only this week.

5. Friendly ghost

I agree with you Josh S. I have had a lot of problem questioning myself because I just never realized until this past year. It seemed like everyone else were a lot younger, at least when they realized. It always takes time to fully accept it and understand it.

It's good that you are accepting your gender issues, at least for the most part it sounds like. Just let it runs it course, there is nothing that is making it urgent.

6. just b urself

i was wondering the sam question before but now ive come to terms with it,no its not weird.its common for others to find out their gender at an older age.im 17 and im just now questioning it..and there r peopel who dont find out until their 20's,30's..etc..it just takes others longer...but one question i was wondering,most pople remember atleast to some extent how they felt like as a child when peopel called them a girl or a boy and has had lil hint experiences to their gender wen they were young but with me,i havent but again,my childhood was like a blurr to me.i barely remember it.i remember telling people in school that i wished i was a boy but thats it