1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to become obsessive

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Claudio, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Claudio

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a gay woman, have known for years. However, I have a tendency to be tomboyish, relate more to guys, have masculine interests and act a bit masculine - facially I am clearly a woman.

I guess the worrying thing for me is on top of this, I've started to be a bit obsessed, for want of a better word, about facial hair. I don't have any, but I can't help thinking what I'd look like with a beard or sideburns. I notice it on blokes all the time. I was even jealous that I couldn't grow a moustache for Movember.

Not sure where I'm going with this to be honest, but any comments or opinions would help this.

2. LegitRomance

The only thing that comes to my mind is maybe you're slightly genderqueer or something like so?
    I'm probably no help xD

3. anatta

Have you tried getting fake facial hair to see what it would look like? Maybe dressing in "men's" clothes, perhaps gradually building up so it's not too much of a shock, to see how comfortable you feel in them? You might find you're more comfortable looking like that than you are looking how you currently do, and if you don't, maybe it will help you stop obsessing, or get it out of your system.

4. commandZ

I know why you're jealous. Having facial hair is awesome! I grew a nice moustache for movember too. I guess I can relate on another level. I've often thought about having breasts. Not really about the look but the feel. That's one of the best parts of a beard: stroking it! And two men kissing rubbing their beards together. Hot.

5. Claudio

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Getting it out of my system and trying fake facial hair may help. Just feels weird to try and rationalise the curiosity in my head.