1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got myself in a Straight problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BoyBehindShades, Dec 7, 2011.

1. BoyBehindShades

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Quite classic. I'm an 18 year old in-the closet bisexual boy and I've started to develop a crush on this guy who's very close friend with my friends, therefore we see each other on a daily basis at school. He's gorgeous and very charming and has managed to make me think about him on a daily basis, I won't say I'm in love because it's too cheesy... I'm just crushing.

He's amongst the popular guys in school, but that doesn't keep him from talking to me and replying my texts ( nothing too sexy. I just ask him things about parties and stuff.) Anyway I feel like I'm mumbling, so I'm gonna go straight to the point. He and I will be attending different colleges soon and I feel like I'm running out of time. Tomorrow I'll see him at a friends barbecue, so my question is: should I make a move? At least flirt and ask him to give me a ride back home? Oh there will be lots of alcohol there, so I'll have the whole drunk flirting thing happening to my advantage.

I know I probably sounded too confusing, but I just wanna hear some advices. I really, really like him and I don't wanna regert letting him go without even trying once.

2. DhammaGamer

Does he like boys too?

3. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, i guess you should before check if he likes boys, maybe get talking a subject like that or close to anything related to sexual orientation (be smooth), it can even be a joke, jokes are a nice way but just try to not make the person uncomfortable. See if you can get anything out of him about that, its safer before going straight into flirting, don't you agree? Once you find out, in case of a "No", well you tried and theres nothing else you can do about it, in case of "Yes" go ahead and do what you know about flirting and stuff.

:slight_smile: hope this helps

And be safe !

4. BoyBehindShades

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'll try a joke or something along those lines. I know for a fact that he likes girls but I caught him kissing one a few weeks ago and he looked very uncomfortable. He was fixing his sleeve while kissing the girl, so idk if that counts as a sign. On my ride back home I'll drop a few hints. Hopefully it will work out :slight_smile:
    Don't worry if anything happens ( and I hope it will) I'll be safe. lol

5. Doctor Faustus

Try a few jokes. Then maybe some casual flirting. Then if you're up for it, work your way up to confiding in him. Who knows? He might even confide in you back. Just let him know when you tell him that you trust him with that kind of information: that's how highly you regard and respect him.

Best wishes. :slight_smile:

6. BoyBehindShades

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    We talked today and he gave me a ride (along with a few friends) to the nearest gas station so we could get drinks. I sat on the front seat next to him :grin: . We talked for a bit and he even gave me a tap on the leg when he had to leave really quick accompanied by a "I'll be right back." I know it's a normal thing and all but I like to consider that a sign. I have to take things slow, but not too slow. On News Years Eve I'll make the ultimate move. ;D

He didn't give me a ride back home because he left the barbecue too early, but at least we talked and I sort of put myself out there. OOoh one question: what does it mean a guy avoids looking into your eyes and keeps looking down whenever his eyes meet yours?

7. IanGallagher

I might be looking into this one too much. But, combined with everything you said - he might be gay or bi. I've found that all my guy friends keep eye contact. We have no problem looking into each other's eyes because there's no real sexual "thing" between us.

However, whenever I see a really cute guy I like. I sometimes wander off and just have him in my mind. If he notices that and catches me, I quickly look away. Automatic reaction from being afraid of what society will think if it's discovered that I like guys too. More, it only happens around a guy I think is cute. Guys where that isn't the case- I don't have that reaction. I don't know. Just my two cents as a guy that does that. Might be something. Might be nothing. Is he like that around other people? Could just be shy. If he's done that in presence of guys that are cute or (if bi) girls -- chances are good he either leans one or two ways. It all depends on how many people he does that around.

8. I'm still in my young years like you and lol the way you make this guy sound, he sounds gorgeous. Go after him. But try to be smooth. The eyes thing could mean he's trying to avoid contact because he may be feeling the same way. He's blushing in the inside. Touching ur leg is a sign too, in my opinion. Maybe soon it won't be the leg, maybe more center =P good luck man. Dont give up. Keep going at it and try to get a lot alone time.

9. Hidinginalabama

Its cause eather you make him nervse or he like you and doesnt want you to know it just yet. I would say I think he could like you from how it sounds. And I would agree with Doctor F.

10. BoyBehindShades

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know it might be nothing, but I like to focus my positive thoughts in the possibility that it is something.

The weird thing is that he's usually so outspoken around his friends and even around girls and whenever he talks to me he does that looking away thing. I do the same thing too, so him and I might be on the same boat.lol.

He won't be going to school tomorrow, but Monday I'll see him. Let's see how he'll be. Oh I wish he would just come up to me and say he's interested.lol

Any other signs I can keep an eye open for? Thanks so much for the help, you guys are the best :grin:

11. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haahaha that happens a lot with me, whenever i look at a cute guy i tend to rapidly stop looking to avoid being noticed, today im more confident and when im talking to somebody i have attraction for, i don't do this, because i know the other person will not suspect anything if i look, since we are talking, so i just appreciate the view : DDD

But when its not the case, for me...yeah, i totally do that. Even with girls.

Btw i hope hes into you = D, that would awesome.

Good luck once again ;P