1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For real.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sepphhyy, Dec 7, 2011.

1. sepphhyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't take my family anymore. I'm trying to do things with my life and become successful, and every time I get a little bit of happiness, they find a reason to fight with me or tell me that I'm not good enough. It's so bad that I almost moved to California and I currently live in New Jersey.

I'm not just over reacting either. They're constantly breathing down my neck. It's like I can't make a move without my ENTIRE family finding out. I have a huge family and they're all super nosey. I'm 19 years old, which I get is still very young but it's about time I started making decision on my own. I just want to be able to happy with myself, instead of worrying what my family will think of it.

I don't know what to do. I've tried to isolate myself, but they keep coming at me. I just want to be left alone so I can do my own thing. I regret everyday not moving to California. I have no family or friends there and would have been able to start fresh, but of course my family was against it, and they some how convinced me that I didn't want to move either.

I go to school in NYC now and I love it, but I just wish I could afford to move out. Like far away. I even wanted to move to another country. It's hard sometimes to make decisions when it seems your whole world is against it. I don't ask for help with my life, and I shouldn't receive any unless I'm personally asking for it.

So this post is really just me venting about life, but if anyone reads this and would like to say something, your more than welcome.

Sepphhyy

2. My whole life I been raising myself morally. At 16, work my ass off. School, Work, Plus working at different job sites for entertainment unions becomes stressful. I can understand the breathing down scenario. Moving. Well I moved all the way from Russia to America, and I tell you that was a great feeling lol. Stay in America, as much as your family is a pain in the ass, good things eventually happen. I used to run by the quote "I don't give shit what people think, as long as I know I am right, I will precede. If I know I'm wrong, I will listen and do whatever to make things better." Try to think your right. Yes people will say, your "Mr. Know-it-all", but if you have high hopes in what you decide, go with it, do not make anyone bring you down. LOL, this will sound so something, idk, but if you have an italian family, THAT EXPLAINS IT! I have a funny italian friend, whos mom is so up in him. Same type of scenario with a Russian. American I am not sure. But, even though then you, I relate, and understand in some ways. I get along better with older people. Just do what you think is right. Do good in school! And if somebody pisses you off, raise your middle finger, put it in your pocket, wave it around, and give that a nice smile. Good luck man. Your story reminds me of a lot of things. See its good to fume, you bring other people into your life scenario where you can all hopefully laugh about it. Peace ^_^ =P

3. sepphhyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm half italian half irish, but only close to the irish part. But you gave me good advice, and that's exactly what I'm going to do from now on. I'm doing really well and building my career and if people don't like it then they can just go fuck themselves haha

4. its tempting to say that a boy even though I might as well say your a man now. But im gonna say it, That a boy LOL. Also i'm glad that you are building your career. Just out of curiousity, what are your interests?

5. sepphhyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I'm currently going for school for Fashion Marketing and Merchandising. I'm not sure where exactly I will go with it but it right now I like doing window displays for stores.

6. Ah. Cool. Me, Lighting Designer.