1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing Dreams

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DJNay, Dec 8, 2011.

1. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    So last night i had a dream that i was a gay guy and i was having sex with another guy (i was on top). The confusing part is that im a lesbian, not attracted to guys at all, but my deepest desire is to be a male, i feel on the inside that im a man. What does this dream mean. Is this normal?

Has anyone else had a similar situation??

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's difficult to say what, if anything, this may mean. In the end you're probably the person best qualified to comment on the subject. :slight_smile: In any case I can't say I've ever had a dream in which I wasn't a man. I've had sex dreams about odd people, or people I don't know, before, but that's about as close as it comes.

It's possible that on some level dreaming of yourself as a man was a kind of wish-fulfillment.

It could also simply be a collection of random images and thoughts that passed through your mind the previous day. We often dream about things we tend to think about a lot.

How did the dream make you feel? Was it pleasurable? Awkward? Scary? Exciting?

3. DJNay

It was arousing and pleasurable, i enjoyed it, i even woke up still aroused, but confused because it was with a guy, being a male in my deam felt amazing, ive never had a dream like that before. right before i went to bed was discussing with hr about wearing a dress to my brother's 21st and all i was saying when i had it on was "ewww, this feels so awkward, i look stupid" and wishing i was a guy so that i could wear i suit.

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, what about this other man in the dream, then? Did he remind you of anyone at all? Someone you know, or just someone famous that you've seen in a movie or on tv?

It's possible - just grasping at straws here - that it had something to do with a mirror-image of yourself? What does having sex mean for you? What kind of connection does it imply with the person you're having sex with?

And btw, love your avatar. :slight_smile:

5. DJNay

It was a complete stranger, I didn't know him at all. I don't know what it means, like the thought of me being on the recieving end of straight sex with a guy grosses me out but I was turned on by "giving" sex to him in my dream. He was younger than me and it felt like I had this "control" over him, which felt so good. I'm the runt of the family in my life, so maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know, I just felt so powerful and strong. And the feeling of me having sex with him in that position felt incredible, which is why I'm confused.

Hehe thanks, I thought it was pretty cute, I'm a sucker for Disney :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interesting that you mention your family, and feeling like the runt there, whereas you felt "powerful and strong" in the dream. Maybe this has something to do with that (as weird as it may seem to have family playing a role in your sex dream, hehe).

Who knows - maybe you're learning something about your masculine side. :slight_smile:

Well I'm a sucker for The Lion King, so anything related works for me! :lol:

7. Ianthe

I think that this dream is symbolic of your acceptance of your masculinity.

When a straight person has dreams about gay sex, it can symbolize self-acceptance and self-love, and doesn't necessarily indicate any actual homosexual interest.

Imaginary people in a dream usually represent yourself, or some part of yourself. If the person is a stranger in the dream, it can represent a part of yourself that has been repressed or denied (and is therefore "unknown" to you). Having sex with the stranger then represents accepting and embracing that part of yourself.

In this case, the (previously estranged) part of yourself that you are embracing is your masculinity, which is also why you are male in the dream.

In embracing the masculinity of your character, you felt stronger and more powerful.

Your dominance in the dream may also represent a feeling of self-mastery and gaining control of your own life--especially parts of your life related to gender or gender expression.

The youth of your partner indicates that this is a part of yourself that is still just coming to maturity or being actualized.

Have you been growing more comfortable in expressing your masculinity lately? You said in your first post that your deepest desire is to be a male, and that you feel like you are a man inside--is this something you have recently accepted or realized, or are you perhaps still in the process of accepting this about yourself?

Your dream would make sense in that case.

8. J Snow

Well I've hard a few dreams where I've been feminized in. In one I was pregnant, in another I was in drag with a class of other drag queens, and in a very recently I was mugged and while I don't remember any self image of myself in the dream I do recall that the mugger stole a purse from me.

I've never actually had sex in any dreams that I can remember, nor have I had a wet dream. Interestingly though I've had dreams where I've made out with girls, but never guys. Go figure.

9. DJNay

@ianthe I think you're right, I'm still in the processes of becoming comfortable with expressing myself as a guy, but I am wearing more male clothes, and accepting that I'm gay and more male-like than female. So thank you, it makes perfect sense now. :slight_smile: