1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I nearly lost it tonight

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hana Solo, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've got depression and suffer from social anxiety, which gets particuarly bad as the year draws to a close. Well at karate tonight I had an attack and had to go outside. When I went back inside, a mutual friend of me and my ex-best friend called my partner a douchebag despite having met him only once, basing his information on something my ex-best friend told him completely out of context. She dated my partner once for a month and has hated him ever since and by extension, me when I went out with him (again... he was my ex before he was hers) and I grabbed his collar and snarled in his face 'if you ever insult my boyfriend again I will hurt you' and stormed out before I did something I regretted.

As my anxiety mounts and my stress as such rises I lose it more and more. I could have seriously hurt him tonight but I don't know how to control my anger when I boil over. :help:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, on the up side, you didn't do something to regret. You removed yourself from the situation, which was a good choice to make, I'd say. So that's good.

On the advice side of things (so, skip if you're not interested :lol:slight_smile:, it sounds like this situation with you, your bf, your ex-best friend, and this other person who's a friend of yours and your ex-best friend's is a little complex - even here I lost track of who's dated who. :confused: In the interests of staying sane during the holidays/end-of-year time, if all this is causing you stress, maybe it would be best to put some distance between you and the situation. Focus, perhaps, on spending time with your bf and enjoying the season?

But, that's just my impression from what's here. Do with that what you will.

3. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, first I dated him, last year. I felt nothing more than friends so it didn't last long. We were each others first partners.

Then she dated him for a month many months later. She always said she hated him and I had no idea why she kept it going for as long as she did.

Then a few months after she broke up with him I started to like him and now we've been dating for five months again and are very happy.

Complicated, I know. But she now hates me because 'friends don't date friend's exes' when she dated mine and basically made me choose between her and him. I told her that I wasn't going to choose and gave her the lions share of my time and she got pissed when I passed him two words. So I got fed up and told her to get over herself. She still hasn't forgiven me (or gotten over herself :lol:slight_smile: