1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ccdd, Dec 16, 2007.

1. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Ok things have suddenly moved on *very* quickly. I'm very wary of putting details up on a public board (I'm paranoid, plus it's a very, very long story to post it all), but last night this girl who you may remember me mentioning before who I thought might be gay, well, we both got really drunk, and some things happened. Somehow she knew about me, but I think maybe I was obvious. Although, actually, nothing much happened - or actually, I don't really like writing these things publicy. But basically, in the morning it was as if nothing had happened and now I'm like, what was that? Was it just a one-night thing (not that anything happened). But we're in the same friendship group and at present everyone has varying knowledges of everything and I don't want it to pull us all apart, if things get uncomfortable. Basically, I don't know what last night meant. I really have no idea what's going on anymore.

2. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Also just so you know, I'm gonna have limited access to the internet over the next few weeks so I'll be disappearing for a while!! But just when I need it cos I really don't know what's going on. Things have been moving so quickly.

3. InaRut

Well what exactly happpened? You just shared a bed? I mean you could be seeing signals that aren't there. When I share a bed with a friend (although I would like it to be something more) I realise that it's nothing but he needed a place to sleep.

Unless you kissed or something then maybe she's just nervous about her sexuality. And she stands in the exact same place you stand.

:frowning2: and please come back soon.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

Yeah, *InaRut* Is right, ive shared beds with loads of guys and theres been *bitterly says this* nothing more than sleeping... heh
    But yeah, just cause you share a bed with the same sex doesn't unfortunately mean their gay -.- or even a tiny bit curious...

But i hope you come back soon =]

/Ty

5. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Hey thanks guys! I'm managing to get on the internet but just for a very brief moment...it's really hard actually cos you're all so supportive it's hard to go without it!! But basically, there were actually words said between us - and basically, it was explicitly offered that I could have more, rather than just sharing a bed. But I kinda declined cos I don't feel ready, had reservations etc.

So perhaps it's all like this cos I kinda turned it all down, and it's my fault :frowning2:

But then I don't regret not doing anything cos I really don't feel ready so maybe it's all actually a good thing :slight_smile:

Plus I'm like - there are actually other lesbians out there who I might one day have a chance with!! A cool thought, cos there's always that feeling that your pool of potential partners has dwindled once you've realised that actually, you're kinda gay..

but i will keep you all updated should anything happen. i was just very confused when i wrote that other post. I had never been - I don't know, "offered" - such an experience before. But now that I've had time to reflect, I'm happy I turned it down (but still flattered that I was asked!).

6. Tom

Tom Guest

ive shared a bed with a few giuys aswell and it only means that they feel secure enough around you to sleep or they need a place to sleep and dont fancy the floor.

id say that there are no signals at all unfortunately

7. ebra

I dont think its the fact that she shared a bed with someone that has her confused. it was the conversation, the feeling and the prospect of it all. weve all shared a bed with someone of the sex of our interest before knowing that it means nothing.

There will always be someone somewhere who will be interested and that you have a chance with, the trick is to find them. lol. you did the right thing turning it down if you werent ready, you will know when the time is right if you listen closely enough to yourself.

good luck and let us know how it goes and just take things one step at a time so you dont get overwhelmed. :grin: