1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone seems to already have someone, except well me!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jessica816, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Jessica816

So I've talked about my lovely nail lady in previous threads, about how much I liked her and wanted to ask her out...Well today I went to go get my nails done like I do every two weeks, expect this time it was different. I was going to finally ask her out, but { there always seems to be a but} I found out she has a girlfriend..I swear all I seem to find are women who already are taken. I guess I should be proud of myself for taking the next step but the outcome didnt work out in my favor, it never seems to and its kinda hard to stay positive. :frowning2:

2. Hot Pink

There are plenty of single women out there. Gay women are just harder to find than straight ones. This means the probability of those few gay women of being available is less likely than a straight woman.

3. Doctor Faustus

(*hug*) It's okay, I know this exact feeling!

You always have to hold out hope that there is someone out there who is better than every single crush you've ever had and who was made to love you. If you keep comparing yourself to others whose romances are already blossoming, you'll always be miserable: someone else on EC taught me that piece of advice. And who knows, in 10 or 20 years' time you might be in a marvellous relationship and everyone else might be regretting 'fooling around' when they were young. So others are just as entitled to happiness right now as you will be soon enough. Let people make mistakes and give themselves up to other people when they're not ready. Just don't follow them into that trap.

It's all about putting it in perspective, mate. (*hug*)

Take care.

Doctor F.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I know sometimes it seems that way but look at the plus points, you picked her out on your gaydar and you worked up the courage to ask her out, added to which, she didnt say no, she just has a girlfriend, and sometime soon it will be your turn. Remember somethings are worth waiting for :slight_smile:

5. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Hay there Sister, I also in the same boat. so your not alone on that one.

6. DJT

DJT Guest

I'm so glad i've found this thread, just goes to prove that i'm not the only single person in the world :/ ..... :'(

7. Lol same goes for me DJT lmao

8. Jessica816

Thank you everyone, I'm happy that I took a chance and talked to her, but I'm not gonna lie I'm a tad bit jealous of said girlfriend! Hopefully one of these days ill meet someone of my own. I'm trying to be positive about it but its kinda hard at times.

9. needshelp

you're not alone. it sucks to be single on the holidays and valentine's day but at the same time, davey wavey said it best learn to enjoy life being single. self love is the best.

10. Noir

Lol, me three! Don't worry, lovely. You'll find someone soon enough. (*hug*)

11. Jessica816

Thanks Noir, I really hope so, and hopefully its sooner rather then later Haha

12. redstormrising

alone here, too

13. Jessica816

Its a crappy feeling for sure

14. redstormrising

yep. i had a date tuesday night with a girl i didn't think i was particularly interested in, based on our online communications. and she turned out to be completely awesome in person. except i've hardly heard from her since then, and we were emailing back and forth a ton before that. i know she had just gotten inundated with work on tues and is probably just really busy now . . . but with my luck, i probably just scared her off somehow :/

15. Jessica816

Atleast you had a good date, and since we all need to think positive, don't think that you scared her off..You never know what can happen, you might just have met your match, or maybe your one step closer to finding her.. :slight_smile:

16. redstormrising

well, i thought it was good, but apparently she didn't!

17. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww, sucks that she's not available but good on you for giving it a go!