1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My fault he's missing?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Muzic555, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Muzic555

Muzic555 Guest

My cousin is missing, and I think it's my fault? let's call him Bob (He loves that name!) some background details, were like best friends, I live in Arbroath and he lives in Glasgow, his dad works in Holland and we see him around twice a year, I see Bob around three times a year. We were supposed to go out tomorrow, with our gran (she travels the world, so we rarely see her.) but when my dad called my cousin's mum, Bob answered the phone and said that his mum doesn't want to talk to anyone, and no one should go to pick him up, and people are saying they've moved house again (They move LOADS). He seemed fine last month when I spoke to him via Facebook, and I told him I was gay, he was super supportive and said he wouldn't tell anyone, and that's the last I heard of him. He only uses FB on his mobile like once a month and his school friends haven't seen him in over a week. I'm really worried, and I have to go out with my dad and gran tomorrow without Bob, so it's going to be really tense, and my dad and gran know me and Bob talk on FB all the time, and when they found out he deleted his account, they had this weird look and started talking strange. It's so close to Christmas, and I've been really happy all week, but this just really brought me down. I think his mum might have looked at his phone and saw my FB message to him, the one that says I'm gay. Any advice? :cry::cry:

2. Seraph

It isn't your fault at all, he might has some problems of his life or family. You don't have to worry about that, and since you guys don't meet each other much, there is no reason for him/his mom to be like that with you. I think they're having some kind of difficults. So what you need to do now is to tell your family or anyone near them to find out whats going with them. And I'm 100% sure that it wasn't because of you so cheer up :slight_smile:.

3. Eleanor Rigby

There is absolutely no reasons to think so far that your coming out to him caused this. All that you know for sure is that you happened to come out to him a month ago but nothing proves this have anything to do with his current situation and the fact he isn't coming with you tomorrow.
    What would be best, as you are out to your mom, would be to tell her about your worries and ask her to contact your cousin's mom to make sure they are ok.
    If this situations happens to be related to your coming out (which I doubt, because I don't see why this would trigger the fact your cousin had been missing school for a week) then it would be really too bad, but that wouldn't be your fault either. People are responsible for how they react to your coming out, not you. If they have a problem with it, that's their problem, not yours. But once again, before assuming the two things are related, I would started to make sure there is nothing else (and more serious) going on.

Take care, Cécile