1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I too attached?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Valeyard, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Valeyard

I am friends with a bunch of the theater kids at my school. I also have a crush on a couple of the guys. They're both attractive, in their own ways. They're also both straight. But they both joke about sleeping with other guys in the theater classes. They're theater kids. That's what they do. This behavior isn't limited to the pair specifically, it's more of a prerequisite to acting, at least at my school.
    Recently we did a small show, and went to a cast party. It was most of the cast, sitting at Friendly's, having an actual dinner after a show. As it was winding down, both of the guys I like decide it's a good idea to play gay chicken, or something. I had to step out. All I know is, they kiss, and I was outside. :bang: That really pissed me off. I was just saddened by the fact I missed it.

My question is: Should I be so affected by it? (I'll answer any followup questions anyone has.)