1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So goddamn lonely

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pace e amore, Dec 10, 2011.

1. pace e amore

I just can't stand being single anymore. i've never been in a relationship, Not even in high school. It just sucks having absolutely nobody in my life, i live way out in the middle of nowhere and the nearest city is about an hour away. I'm hoping things will look up when i go to college this january but i'm not holding my breath. I'm not even sure i'll even be going to college because my parents sort of have a love/hate relationship with me and now that i don't even live with them anymore i doubt they'll help me pay for college. I'm thinking about maybe staying in chicago with some friends when i visit for christmas until i can find a steady job just so i can be around people again.

2. Benjaminba78

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know the feeling if you need to talk about I am here for you I too live in smaill town and there not a lot of things to do around here

3. Tracker57

Being without friends and a support group sucks. I have a gay buddy who lives in a TINY town and he is very lonely, too. Moving to a city where you can make friends who are like yourself sounds like a good idea. I have a gay cousin who just moved to Chicago and loves it. A change of scenery might be very good for you.

4. chrism29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah i man i feel you lonleyness sucks so bad and living in the middle on no were doesnt help eather. i agree with tracker mabe moving to a different city would be good.

please message me if you ever need to talk to someone (*hug*)

5. jlg65

Hey :slight_smile: I live in a town that doesnt even get a dot on the map! It is lonely, I know! I'm hoping that when I get to college it will be better. Message me if you need to talk :slight_smile:

6. Doctor Faustus

(*hug*) I know the feeling. Absence is a painful thing.

But don't let it get to you. If you keep comparing yourself to others who are apparently 'better' than you at finding soulmates, you'll always be miserable.

You need to recognise that there is someone out there who was made to love you for who you are. But you don't know it yet. From all the people I've talked to, the best things happen when you least expect them. I'm still looking for someone too, and frankly I'm alright being single for the moment. It means you respect yourself enough not to whore yourself out to loads of people and that you understand that true love involves commitment more than anything else. Relationships are time-consuming.

Regardless, I hope things get better for you. Take care.

Merry Christmas,

Dr. F.