1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally a Correct Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Dec 16, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

Well my new therapist had me take this test. It turned out the last 8 years of meds and therapy where a waste. I don't have anxiety disorder. i probably don't have Bipolar Disorder. I don't have Borderline disorder either. It turns out i'm just Schizophrenic. was a tongue twister. my grandfather is schizophrenic. so it runs in the family. they said that i was 'hearing voices' so thats what the demon thing was. the power of the human mind.
    Well since i have the correct diagnosis all they have to do to make me better is to give me one type of med. and i'll be fine. i may even be able to go off evantually and only take if it symtoms come back! crazyness! So i'll have to go off most all of my 4 different meds now. that will be hell. i hate withdrawls! so sucky. and then the side affects from the new med. i was actually on it before for a week when i was at the hospital the second time. but they had taken me off it so fast i never got too see results.

So thats basically an update on my condition in case you were wondering.
    :rolleyes:

#1 xxAngelOnFirexx, Dec 16, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  2. panda

Incredible!!! Good Luck!!

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Well thats hospitals for ya! Perscribing wrong medications to you! Shame!
    Well I hope your condition improves =]

4. Steam Giant

One thing I've had to learn over the coarse of this year is that psychiatry seems to be a rather inexact science. You could spend your whole life going from therapist to therapist and be diagnosed with everything under the sun when, in reality, you only have one ailment. Plus, some therapists have to fire off a million records a day, so when it comes to your diagnosis, they try to get it over with as quickly as possible with that damned checklist that leaves way too many unanswered questions.

I've kind of dealt with this when I was diagnosed. I was originally diagnosed with depression, which nearly lead to my death as my medication made me worse. Then I was diagnosed as Bipolar (type two) Depressive at the hospital, but at my second visit to the hospital, they rediagnosed me as Major Depressive Disorder with Bipolar Disorder as a secondary diagnosis. It could be that they were hitting closer and closer the better they got to know me, and the better I got to know myself, but still, I hate that they kept getting it wrong.

I think it would be so great if you could get by on only one med. Going off of them will be difficult, absolutely, but you've got a great support system ^^ and I personally don't have many plans for this next week, hehe! So I'm here for you. This would totally explain why with all the meds you're on you're still having problems, so I think this must be pretty damn near close to the mark!

We're pulling for you, Morgan! Keep us updated, please!

5. xxAngelOnFirexx

I totally wish it was this week. but the ******* therapist doesn't want to bother my vacation by a med change! **** that! can't i have a good vacation? they did this to me last year and i spent vacation terrified demons where going to kill me in my sleep. i was paranoid that people where watching me and i scanned every room i entered looking for cameras. even at my grandparents house. i secluded myself and slept almost the whole time. nice way to spend a florida vaction! i hope this year is better.

6. Sam

Sam

My cousin is Schizophrenic and she is actually doing really well so I hope you will too. I wish you the best.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I hope the new medicine works well for you Morgan!

8. biisme

i hope everything goes well!!!!!! it must be such a relief to finally know.

9. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope it works well this time.

I was given wrong medicines twice, in both cases I developed a much worse condition due to them.

10. Jim1454

I hope you find a new equilibrium that feels good for you Morgan.

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Excellent news! As others have said I hope this proves to be right and the new meds work well for you.

I realise the delay is frustrating, but I guess it's just due to the holiday period. They probably need to see you regularly over the first few weeks and can't arrange the necessary appointments with the holidays. This is the problem with anything happening at this time of the year - everything just stops for a fortnight.

It sounds like 2008 should be good for you, though. :slight_smile:

12. Louise

Yay, good for you. I am so glad for you that the doctors have finally found out the real cause. With the right meds you life will be transformed. :thumbsup:

13. panda

Morgan, I talked with my therapist about you today.She worked in the field of juvenile physc. disorders for about 10 years.She says that since you were diagnosed at such a young age that in time you will have a completely normal life.
    My thoughts are with you.

14. 24601

That's awesome, hope things keep going well... or... well, better.

15. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Best of luck Angel! (*hug*)

16. Quitex

Quitex Guest

OH, that is nice to hear!
    I will be having you on my thoughts everyday, and I'm sure you'll do great!

:grin:

17. BlasttheCloset

That is sooo good to hear Morgan. I know that all of us have been rooting for you this whole time, but that they are finally getting it right is such a relief, and so much more for you. I hope all goes as well as is possible, and keep us updated.

18. silversurfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's great to hear, I haven't been on here long, but I have experience with disorders I was first diagnosed five years ago as Bipolar II, then Scytso(I can never spell this) Affective and have been medicated and in and out of the hospital five times over five years. Although I don't hear voices I have ran around the house thinking it was bugged and that there were cameras in the house. I know a couple people in your situation and they say that the meds they are on, it's only one, and it takes the voices away, so you should be okay. Good luck.

Being new to EC I've found that everybody on here is really nice. We should all get together and have a party, if only it was that easy :slight_smile: