1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Online Therapist?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Charni, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Does anybody know any online gender therapists? I do not want my parents knowing I am a girl inside.

2. Wolfy

Bump.

I'm interested in this myself. Though, my mom won't take me to one.

3. Katelynn

I chat with a girl who does her transition thru an online therapist, one who was even able to refer her for hormone therapy. IDK how she found him, but if I can get ahold of her, I can ask how she found him & how to contact him. Ideally, seeing someone face-to-face is best, but the way I see it, talking to a professional is better than not taking that step at all...

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't say as I know of any specific therapists in your area, in that area of expertise. But I did some searching for a therapist for a friend of mine recently, and found several that offered online/IM therapy sessions. So I'm sure one is available.

Lex

5. I don't know of any online gender therapists (I've always been a bit suspicious about whether they're legit or not), but if you're comfortable talking about it in person, have you considered going to an LGBT drop-in centre? A lot of them offer free counseling for youth, without parental permission. They can be a great resource, if you're able to find one in your area.