1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to get in touch with a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mogget, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Mogget

My friend K is really important to me. She was there for me as I slowly realized that I was suicidally depressed, and helped me tremendously in my recovery. But I haven't heard from her in over a year. I've tried to get in touch with her several times, hoping at the very least to receive a text saying, "I'm sorry, but I'm very busy." And I know she has been busy. But I also know she's had time to go onto Facebook and see my posts on her wall asking for a word from her.

All of which has left me feeling very hurt, and wondering whether she even wants to be my friend anymore. So I decided to e-mail her in a last-ditch attempt to make contact. Before I send it, though, I wanted to get some feedback as to whether I'm wording it properly. Here's what I've written:

I was sobbing as I wrote that, I'm still crying now writing about writing it. I really don't want to lose her, but I'm afraid that I will.

2. J Snow

I think the letter sounded wonderful, Liam (*hug*) I really don't think you could have written it any better.

I don't know why she hasn't responded to you, but I really hope she does. She sounds like she's helped you tremendously, and I think everyone here would agree with me in saying that we are so glad she was able to help you. In a way, I feel like she's helped all of us too, through all of the amazing support you've provided for others on here.

I think you are doing everything you can, and its really on her how she wants to respond. Just because you aren't talking now doesn't mean you are losing her forever though. Stay strong. I may not be able to be of much assistance, but I'd like to help however I can if possible.

I hope you feel better, Liam. You really are an amazing person (*hug*)

3. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The letter is great. Send it and best of luck. Maybe, as you say, she really has been too busy to get to you and has no idea of the effect her silence has had on you (*hug*) best of luck

4. Emergelove

Your letter is so heartfelt. It's beautiful and shows clearly how much you appreciate her and miss her. Of course, at this time it would be best if she was just busy and, after receiving your letter, responds with feelings that resonate with yours. I certainly hope that is the case, like all of the posters here. I agree with J Snow in that when we send out heart out to someone; it is then their choice to respond the way they want to and that everyone has their own rate and style of responding.

Just by reading your post and your letter, I find you quite an insightful man, who in tough with his feelings...and that is awesome. Please, continue to write and be here as you have been...I have learned from you as to how to state your true feelings in a letter.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to dissent. I don't think you should send the letter. Or at least, not as it's written.

Lex

6. Emergelove

I'd like to know more about this...

7. Mogget

What should I say? Or should I say nothing?

8. Doctor Faustus

I'm with the majority here, Liam. It's a lovely letter. I don't think there's much more you can do other than send it, sit and wait.

Hope things get better soon. (*hug*) Please contact me if anything's troubling you.

Merry Christmas.

All the best,

GK.