1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 'boyfriend' feels guilty about loving me.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wildthing, Dec 11, 2011.

1. wildthing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I have a 'boyfriend' (we aren't really official) who I've gone through just about everything with. I'd tell the whole story but I don't wanna bore you guys, I could honestly write a book on it.

Anyway. The point is that up until a week ago we'd been trying to have a relationship but he'd always end it for whatever reason. And a week ago he decided to give it a go again.

So this whole week has been amazing. He tells me how much he loves me, how handsome I am, how lucky he is, etc. We're so cute and awesome together. And I think I really do love him, and that really scares me. But my internal conflicts are a different matter.

The matter here is that every time we do stuff he feels guilty. I'd say cuddling and making out and holding hands but that's not true, he feels guilty after he... well, comes. We haven't really gotten much into the sexual stuff because we're fine with just holding each other, but we've tried it several times, and every time after he comes (we don't really do much), he feels really guilty. And before Friday, he always left me after feeling guilty. And the reason I kept giving him chances when he came back was because I knew he felt guilty and I understood. Now on Friday he felt guilty again but he's fighting those feelings so hard for me.

But it's really difficult, and I'm here by his side to help him get over those feelings. But I don't know how... How do I make those feelings go away, little by little? I don't wanna lose him again.

Especially not now that I've begun opening up, which is so fucking hard for me.

Thank you.

2. His head is playing with him. He wants to be straight but he is attracted to you. He loves you too. However after coming, that pleasure, the signals sent to your brain not only open pleasure but it also opens guilt because it's his idea that maybe being gay could be weird. He is not fully "unlocked". Give him a chance and he will open up fully. Take it slow. Make sexual things long and slow. Maybe laugh during sex too. Smile and say you love him.

3. wildthing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, there's this picture of a heart and a brain... wait let me look for it.

Here:

[​IMG]

That's exactly what happens to him...

Anyway. Yeah. You're right. And yeah I am giving him a chance... We just talked about that. How I'm giving him all the time he needs. How I won't leave him. 'Cause he said he's scared I'll leave 'cause it's too much time and too much work. And I told him I would never, so.

And thanks for the advice... The sexual things are too fast, that's also the problem. But we told each other we loved each other lots and lots of times and we smiled and it was all so sweet. So I think it's mainly speed.

Thank you so much

4. Hey no problem. Just chase that ass. It works out. I mean I'm not in a relationship but I feel as if I have natural instinct. Don't make sex a priority. Just touching him, kissing him, feeling each others bodies when giving a hug gives you so much life. Connection is what matters. I'm glad I could help you. Lol love the picture too.

From the way you make sound, You guys are a cute couple lol.

#4 theatergeek101, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  5. wildthing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can't even begin to describe how cute. I love bragging about it, but I only have like my best friend to brag about it to lol. Yeah, I'm a much more kissing/hugging/holding each other kind of guy. Sex isn't my top priority. Yeah I was basically shivering and trembling while we were kissing each other, and not because it was cold, but because of the intense feeling of love that overcame me. It's so amazing. He makes me feel so amazing.

Anyway, thanks again.

6. wildthing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It would be great if anyone else had more advice on making him feel less guilty :icon_bigg

7. jlg65

I think it will just take some time for him to get used to it. I use to feel guilty every time a cam thinking about men, but it passes over time as you get more comfortable with yourself! Just keep good communication up and talk about it :slight_smile:

8. J Snow

Well, I don't think making him feel less guilty should be your responsibility. It doesn't sound like you've done anything to make him feel guilty as is. It really sounds like its a personal issue that he needs to overcome. You can't make him accept himself, only he can do that. Hopefully in time he will be strong enough to do that. However, some people live their whole lives never accepting themselves.

The best advice I can give you is to give him examples of people who have been gay and gone on to live fantastic out lives. Let him know that he can still adopt and have a family and everything. Most importantly, you need to be aware that no matter what you do, he may never accept his sexuality. That's not your responsibility, and you shouldn't let yourself get hurt if he never does.

9. wildthing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, the thing is that time is like. I don't know. I don't want him to just plain give up, you know? What if he doesn't give it time?

I know it isn't. But I wanna be with him and help him get through it 'cause I love him. And yeah, only he can do that. But I know I can help. If he has no one on his side to support him, there's no way he'll ever accept himself, you know? Thank you :slight_smile:

10. jlg65

Tell him that there is no rush. Try laying off the sexual stuff and just work on developing your relationship. Build up trust in one another and work on it from there.

11. =( I wish I can find someone like that. Actually tearing. Being single sucks

12. stumble along

If you have gotten past the guilt phase maybe you can try to comfort him about how it will get better over time.
    Hope it turns out for the best!

13. jlg65

Totally know how you feel! I want a relationship so damn bad!

14. Lol same age hahahaha.

And yeah. Being single can make you lonely here and there.

15. jlg65

haha cool :slight_smile: im looking forward to finding someone

16. same. but its hard. I have not come out to anyone. Afraid too.

17. wildthing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have, and I am laying off the sexual stuff. We've been getting so much better. I think we truly do love each other... Like love love, not just "I love you" love but really love you know what I mean?

Yeah this Friday we're spending the whole day together alone ('cause it's impossible to act like idk cute at school) and I can't wait. And gosh we're just gonna be able to say everything we have to say and whatnot and just be ourselves and be able to love each other and not hold back and gosh now I'm babbling. But yeah. This Friday will probably help a lot. 'Cause we'll be able to talk in person about these things. And I'm also staying over so like yeah.

If you wanted to find someone, I'd recommend someone who's more OK with being who they are. I love him, and I'd never ever trade him for anyone else, but I'm just saying. It's a tough ride we're going through. But in the end we're going through it together.

I remember feeling like you do. But really, it's not all that bad, depending on how many people you hang out with and what you do over the weekends and sometimes it's nice being single. But yeah having someone is amazing too.

That's an excellent idea. Thank you!

18. jlg65

AWWW! Thats so cute! Have fun!

19. lol. I'm in the closet. Unlike you, I believe you are out.

20. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

sounds like me. i felt this way with my girlfriend. straight relationship. i am christian and we were not married so that was considered a sin and i would feel very guilty during and afterwards to the point where i would be depressed or didnt want to go to far because i did not want to feel guilty again. i did not ever get over it and it realliy hurt our relationship. she was there for me but after a while she started to also want to pull away from me because it feels crappy being the person or thing someone is feeling bad about. at some point you want to get out of the situation. there's really no way for you to make him feel better. he will have to work through this himself on his own. being there can help him but he has to do it in his own mind.