1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horrible at love. -_-"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by XMisery666, Dec 11, 2011.

1. XMisery666

Okay...so I met this amazing girl, fell in love, and was with her for six months...only saw her twice...I had a feeling things were headed nowhere, and tried to leave, but I couldn't bring myself to say good bye without falling victim to her charms...she dumped me two months later (at the six month point) and broke my heart...I later find out that she's a pathological liar, a bitch, and a slut...I'm afraid of waisting another six months on someone else who doesn't really love me...and it sucks because I hate being single. :bang:

2. J Snow

This is an issue my boy friend had when we started dating. He had been hurt by people a lot in the past, and as such he had/has a lot of trust issues. It really upset me, because I felt he should be able to trust me more than he did. I guess what I would say is that you shouldn't punish future partners for how you've been treated in the past. They are two different people, and just because someone else hurt you doesn't mean another person will.

As always, what's most important is loving yourself before you rush into a relationship though.

3. XMisery666

Thanks, that last part about loving myself really helps in some freaky zen Buddhist kind of way. :grin:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a bit confused about how you spent six months with someone and only saw them twice. Was this (mainly) an online relationship? If so, then just know that relationships can certainly start and spark online, but it's really difficult to consider them anything but potentials until you start spending time in each other's presence.

Lex

5. XMisery666

I tried to find time to see her, she just didn't make any effort to see me...The woman got off on making people sad...she did a good job.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, when that happens, you immediately have a major warning sign that "this is not going well", and in fact, "we are not a couple". :slight_smile:

>>>......and it sucks because I hate being single.

And this is something you need to work getting beyond. Because so long as you're in that frame of mind, you're liable to fall into the trap that you did before. You'll chase after somebody that has no interest in you (or is only interested in doing you harm) because "it beats being single". Once you grow to like yourself more, and you grow more comfortable being single, then you'll be less tempted to jump on any and every opportunity that comes your way, and will be more likely to wait for something positive.

Lex

7. XMisery666

-_- I wish I had this advice sooner.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wisdom often comes from us screwing up. I didn't get to where I am now by doing everything right, but by doing a lot of stuff wrong. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. XMisery666

Well, maybe I can start learning from my mistakes and form a productive relationship. :grin:

10. DoctorWho

You never know anything is possible you just have to keep an open mind