1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update On My Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sometimesbetter, Dec 12, 2011.

1. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know this is supposed to be in the Coming Out section, but I think this may be good for some people that are looking for hope.

So, my family and I had another "heart-to-heart" (crying, hugging, crying, yelling, more crying...jeez, I really do fit the gay stereotype, don't I? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: JK), and things feel really, really good now. Is it gonna be perfect? HELL FUCKING NO. But, this is good as it gets, and that's all I care about right now.

I brought up the point that I'm always gonna be gay and this isn't gonna change and that God made me this way (maybe, I should have left the 'God' part out as what I'm gonna tell you next reflects me talking about God). My mother started crying and blaming herself, my dad was in disbelief, and I started crying and yelling, and it was just all over the place. What I wanted out of them was that they're gonna be happy with whatever happening in the future, as long as it makes me happy, despite me being with a guy or a girl or no one. They said that miracles can always happen (that I end up with a girl), but they're okay with whatever happening, which is all that I wanted to hear. They said that I was being an extremist with believing that I'm only Gay and that I wasn't allowing for something else to happen (and I understand where they're coming from; I've never been with anyone, so of course they'd feel this way), but they said that regardless of anything happening, they're always going to be there for me, no matter what. And you have no idea how happy I felt. And, then they preceded to yell a bit more and blah blah blah.

As far as I know, I'm glad they finally fucking understand how I feel and that they don't give a shit what happens which way I end up as (again, their choice is definitely with a girl). Whatever happens in the future, I'll deal with, but for now, I am really, really happy. They said that they don't want me to tell anyone, but that isn't gonna happen. I still believe I'm gay...and hell, it's not a belief...I KNOW I'm gay. And I'll deal with whatever happens in the future. If I end up with a girl and I'm happy, then I'm fucking happy. If I end up with a guy, and I'm happy, then I'm fucking happy. No one knows what the future holds for us.

Phew. I feel so much better. Is it gonna be complicated after this? Sure. But, who said life isn't complicated?

2. jlg65

I'm so happy for you!

3. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you! I'm really happy for myself, as well. And, as far as I know, my sexuality is my own business, and no one else's (especially not my parents LOL). So, we'll see what the future holds for me...or for anyone, actually.

4. jlg65

Haha, it must be such a relief! I'm sure you will be much happier! Good luck in whatever path you choose to take! :grin: I'm smiling for you!! :grin:

5. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks! How about you? Do your significant others know or something like that? Sorry if I'm being invasive.

6. Emergelove

Look at you!!! Yay. I am happy for you. You sound happy and of course life is complicated...remember yesterday...:slight_smile:
    Hugs
    SP

7. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I WAS JUST GOING TO MESSAGE YOU. And I do feel happier. My family never wants to talk about this again, and I'm glad they don't. Like I said before, my sexuality is my own business, and the less my parents (especially my parents) know about it, the better. And, no one in this world needs to care or know about what happens in my life. It's not like straight people go around telling theirs.

I feel like I'm on cloud 9 (until they badger me on who I'm dating LOL :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Phew. Now, time to hit up some gay clubs LMFAO :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. jlg65

Not invasive at all! But no, im still hiding :frowning2: i havent had the courage to come out like you. But i think when im done with hs, i coming out!

9. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

10. Emergelove

Lol!! See the movie touch of pink...you will find it funny on some levels.

Parents of this south Asian gay man complain that he is dating a non-Asian guy versus another south Asian...Parents can be funny and silly and annoying like that... (Please I do not mean any offense by suggesting anything insensitive about ethnicity or anything; I am speaking from similar experience of friends) I am glad they have said they love you and will be there for you...given them time. My goodness, three days and they have come around a alot, eh?

#10 Emergelove, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  11. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I, too, am extremely happy. People just require time and getting used to. And my parents just need that when I'm out and about and doing my own thing.

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2011 at 07:32 PM ----------

I know what you mean. So, I see no offense in that statement.

They've come around because I'm relentless; I don't give up (something I learned from my mother, actually). Are they ever gonna be okay with the idea of homosexuality (especially, since they call being straight a "miracle")? Probably not. But, are they going to be okay with me being happy? YES. And that's all that fucking matters to me. At the same time, I definitely don't want any of my relatives to find out. They'd just ruin my parents' life, and you know how Indian relatives can be -_- LMFAO :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Doctor Faustus

Yay well done!

I'm glad they've decided to not bring up the matter anymore. It's your life, at the end of the day. :slight_smile:

Onwards and upwards man!

13. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you! And I really just wanna thank everyone on this forum for being so supportive (I'm gonna start another thread later on) and for being so open. I was suffocating, and I feel like I can finally breathe now.

"Upwards", eh? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I like the way you think!

14. MusicMan12

YAAAY! :slight_smile: I hope everything works out for you in the future!

15. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you! I hope things work out for you, as well, and for everyone that's suffering (or not suffering).

16. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Saying this is awesome would be an understatement. :grin:

Congrats for not only being out to your parents and not caring what they or anyone else thinks. Confidence like that does not come easy, I imagine, and I'm always glad to see someone who's attained it. :slight_smile:

17. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was trembling the whole time. But it had to be done. And, I'm sure they never wanna talk about it again, but that's totally fine with me. I, now, know where they stand and they know where I stand. And the rest is left on whatever happens in the future. I'm living for today and that's all I care about.