1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saddness around Christmas time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DoctorWho, Dec 12, 2011.

1. DoctorWho

Well its Christmas and I know I should be getting into the mood but I find it just so hard. What with trying to figure all this stuff about being gay and trying to find a way tell my parents as well as trying to talk with someone who has rejected my orientation as well as last year my grandmother past way. I used to love Christmas time and don't get me wrong I still do but I find it just so hard to do. Anyone have any advice on what I should do? Anything will be welcome. Thanks

2. Artemicion

Hrm...well I'm stuck in similar situations. Absolutely not in the Christmas mood...but the only thing that probably gets me up and about is sticking around my friends (hangout, and going out to eat), they make great diversions.

3. breakingboxes

I have a really hard time with Christmas too. My parents basically disowned me except my mom calls a few times in December while high (fun, fun). I am lucky in that I am over 18 and with a partner, but when I was living at home Christmas was hard too... especially after I accidentally came out (long story involving a friend who followed me and took pics...) That Christmas after was harsh and I had just lost a friend to a car accident. I took me time. I made sure I spoiled myself. I did not buy much for others but bought myself presents. I took space all the time and made my room a comforting place with things i loved (for me scented candles, lavender pillow spray, books, music etc as well as keeping it clean so it was a calming place to go to). I don't know how you feel, but I know its hard. Make sure you make yourself happy. Don't rely on others for that. Do things that make you feel good. Take your space. Grieve your loss. Holidays are hard for losses. Let yourself cry, or do whatever helps you grieve. I don't know what else to say... thats just my thoughts. hope they help.
    hugs

4. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm if you focus on yourself Christmas certainly is alot more depressing but if you focus on family, love ones and friends, maybe it won't be as bad. After all, isn't Christmas about giving rather than receiving? :grin:

5. DoctorWho

Everything said is so true thanks everyone I will certainly give these a try