1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you, EC, and it's members!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sometimesbetter, Dec 12, 2011.

1. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If it wasn't for y'all, then I probably wouldn't have done what I did over this past weekend (came out...if it wasn't that obvious :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). You guys provided a safe haven to just talk about the shit that was happening in my life, and I'm glad you guys were there when I was going through it.

Does it get better? I, sure as hell, don't know LOL. All I know is that it's okay for now, and what more could anyone ask for? And, for everyone else out there that's still in the closet: There's always a right time and there's always the wrong time to say something. But, if you're beyond feeling stifled, where things just aren't making any sense and you're feeling beyond depressed, then, I think it's time to say something––to anyone. But, at the end of the day, your sexuality is your own business, and it's only a very small part of who you are. It doesn't define the kind of person you are. Capiche? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks, everyone!

2. breakingboxes

Yayy! Happy for you!! xx

3. Doctor Faustus

No worries! Glad I could be of help, in some small way.

Keep us posted! X

4. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Of course! I don't think I'll be leaving these forums anytime soon (possibly for the many, many years to come :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

5. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What you just said is better than anything I could think to tell. But congratulations, I'm really happy for you.

6. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you!

7. stilllovelyafte

Not to piggyback off of a well warranted post, but THANK YOU ALL. Not in the morbid, overly dramatic sense, but you guys have really saved me these last few months. When I hit rock bottom, you all were here to help pick me up. Wherever this journey takes me, I will never forget the kindness, compassion, and support (without judgement) that I found here. I am thankful I found you all.

8. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    PLEASE PIGGYBACK! I wanna hear everyone's journey and how helpful this site has been. Seriously. I definitely agree with what you said and more.

9. stilllovelyafte

Woohoo. I'll ride your coattails. And offer a special appreciation to the advisors, who somehow find time in their busy non-virtual lives to be there for all of us.

10. kellymporta

Congratulations! I admire people like you who are brave enough to come out of the closet. Also, I'll join you thanking all the people here at EC.

11. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We all do it at our own pace. Before you know it, you'll be out and proud (as cheesy as that sounds). But, you don't have to be out to be proud of yourself. You're you based on many, many things that aren't all revolved around your sexuality.

12. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It was only thanks to the peeps here on EC that I finally admitted to myself that I liked girls. Otherwise I would have gone on hiding so well I didn't know I was hiding and being terribly unhappy still :slight_smile:

13. Tracker57

I was reading your posts, Sometimesbetter, and I couldn't agree more. I'm here for you...we're all here for you. And better than that, we're all here for each other. I sure hope it gets better, because I'm in the middle of the process now...taking my time to do it right...and I'm going to need all my friends here, too. VERY SOON! Helping Stillloveafte has actually helped me so much.

The thanks really needs to go to everyone who is willing to share the most intimate part of their lives with us here and who are willing to listen to us talk about our intimate problems. Thanks so much.