1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex toys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Charni, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't even know if this is the right forum for this so sorry if it isn't. I am curious about what all the differnent sex toys are Can anybody tell me what some are, what they look like and how they are used?

2. Ben

Ben

There are loads of sex toys out there. The kinds you get will depend on which junk you want to plunk, and whether you're on your own or not.

It might be a bit inappropriate to link to a sex toy shop, but I guess here are some main ones:

For the butt: butt plugs are like mini-dildos which are thick at the bottom and thin at the top, you can pop them up the butt and just do what feels good. There are variations on prostate massagers which are shaped such that insertion would stimulate the prostate. Dildos are just penis-shaped things which are designed for insertion, they should probably be kept away from an inexperienced posterior. Any of these might vibrate, which feels good to some people.
    There are a bunch of other butt-toys like anal beads, which are basically balls on a string which you can pop in and pull out.

All anal toys need to be put in with lots of care and lubrication. They should be designed with large bits at the bottom to stop the toy getting lost up there, and that's one of the reasons why you should not be using household objects to experiment with—it might result in a bit of an embarrassing trip to the doctor. They need to be cleaned well after use and they must not be shared with other people, as there's a risk of STD transmission.

For penises, the most common sex toy is a kind of insertable sleeve. These things are usually shaped to look like an orifice of your choice (vagina, butt, mouth) and might be ridged inside or designed to give certain feelings. These are pretty straightforward—just use them in a way that feels good, maybe with some kind of lube. As always, don't share and wash after use. Cock rings are toys that you'd probably use with a partner if you want to maintain an erection for longer. They're basically just rings you can put around the base of your penis (or sometimes around testicles too) which slow down the flow of blood from the penis. I've never used one of these, and they sound a bit scary to me. I don't know about the safety aspect of them, either, but I expect there could be problems if you wear them for too long.

There's a huge range of vibrators for women, but I'm not familiar with them really. They're just little vibrating things which stimulate the clitoris and that area.

There're also a range of toys used for certain sexual fantasies for couples, handcuffs, sex swings, ropes and the like. If you use these, then only do so if you're 100% comfortable and trusting of the person you'd with. Again, I'd personally avoid this.

There are lots of other toys which might seem a bit more unusual. Some provide electrical stimulation, while others can be inserted into the urethra. There are also toys for nipples, and some for stretching the testicles. If you're going to want to use any of these, then just be careful and make sure you know what you're doing. It's probably better to stick to the conventional stuff, though. :wink:

3. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Among women's toys, Ben has left out the dildo, the Feeldoe and the Sybian.

Dildos are basically synthetic phalluses (some look more like biological penises than others) that can be inserted in the vagina or anus. There is a huge range of these, and they include the double-dildo (two ended, so two women can use it at once) and the strap-on dildo, which attaches to the woman's pelvis, positioned so she can use it as a penis on another woman (or man, anally). Some dildos vibrate, many don't.

A Feeldoe is kind of a synthesis of the ideas of a double-dildo and a strap-on. It is a curved device with one end that looks like a penis and one end that is shorter, fatter and more plain-looking. One inserts the plain-looking end into the vagina, and the device snugs into place with the penis end pretty much where a penis would be on a man. It is a great tool for masturbation, since it snugs up agains the clitoris, and when used in lovemaking between two women (or on a man anally), gives wonderful clitoral stimulation to both women. Again, some include a vibrating insert, others don't.

Finally, the Sybian can maybe best be compared to one of those mechanical bulls (only gentle, rather than violent)...or could simply be called the Orgasm Machine. It is a small bench-like affair with an attached phallus that both rotates and vibrates. The woman (I have also heard of men using them anally, but they are designed for vaginal use) mounts the device as she would a man, inserting the phallus into the vagina. There are two controls with the thing, one for speed of rotation and one for intensity of vibration. This is a costly high-tech gizmo, and not a casual purchase...but an interesting plaything for women who have not yet learned to orgasm, want to learn to have multiple orgasms, want to increase their sex-drive or sexual potential, do not have a partner but want intense sexual release...oh, hell, for all kinds of things. One person at a time can use it, but it is immensely erotic to be with a partner who is using it...both during and after!

There are other women's toys that Ben and I have left out, but these I felt deserved mention.