1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This guy...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stumble along, Dec 13, 2011.

1. stumble along

Every day at school he always looks at me

I sit behind some friends of his but i can when he's looking at thek and when he's looking at me, its norlt even for a hello its just staring, granted I only know about it because I stare back but I don't know what to do? I also catch him looking weird at other guys in the class too.

2. hml8

Two of my friends who didn't know each other used to stare at each other at school and it turned out that they fancied each other, but they didn't tell me, they just both bitched about it. haha.

Why do you think he stares?

3. stumble along

I don't really do anything at all, I understand if I ask a question or do something odd but its every single day he looks at me more than once.

And there's another kid in the next class that stares into dove and every now and then stares at me too, with complete blatantcy too. And for like a minute too

I don't even consider myself that attractive because of braces and some recent skin issues, but I'm getting under control and I get the braces off at the end of the year.

4. stumble along

BTW sorry for the spell errors I'm on my phone at school

And later today he bumped into me and it was just awkward. I really don't know what to do. Should confront him about it? Or ask him on Facebook or when he's alone? Or should I just ignore him for the next week (last week of semester and only see him in the semester class we are in)

What do I do if he admits to liking me or most likely tell all his friends I like him (i won't say but people like him I suspect of making a rumor like that, especially if some weird kid true to ask him what's with the staring)

5. Valeyard

I would go with the facebook thing. I happen to be like the kid- I stare at some of the guys I like, and I wouldn't really admit that I liked some of them, out loud. Over Facebook and other chat programs, it's easier to talk about myself. Just talk to him, and try to find out why he's staring.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go say "hi"?

Lex

7. Hidinginalabama

With lex on this one. Go say hi or hello something. You never know you could bother have a good time together.

8. stumble along

most likely he probably wouldn't reply is my one concern, and i don't really feel completely sure about it either, he's one of those "football, jock, occasionally drink, tons of like minded friends" sort of deals

and what if he asks why i stare at him? should i say "because you started it" if he isn't what i assume he is?

even on the internet people manage to ignore me so i guess no harm in trying? here's a message i just thought up think it's ok? should i try and put in that im easy going so whatever he says isnt going to be pasted all over the school ?

Hey there, im the guy from second period that you stare at every single day when you aren't on your phone, what gives? the semester is almost over so it would be nice to know exactly why you find me so interesting even when im not doing anything. and don't worry im not going to tell anyone if it's something personal im pretty laid back

edit:

ive been thinking about saying hi but he sits with friends and i literally turn red and begin to shake and stutter if im put in a situation id rather not be in, especially social ones.

9. hml8

I agree with the others that it shouldn't just be ignored, but I can't claim to know what the best course of action is. however if you feel that that would work then you should go for it! :slight_smile:

10. stumble along

ok then, maybe i can send the message now and see how it goes?

if i don't get a reply from him today ill try really hard to say hi tomorrow
    and by that i literally mean "hi"

im kind of telling the girl i like tomorrow at lunch that im bi and trying to tell a friend over skype on top of a analysis essay and a test so this week is turning out to be really nerve racking haha.

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2011 at 07:58 PM ----------

yeah just sent it......i either hope its positive or that he ignores it

because if he asks in the middle of class i think i might just spontaneously combust :bang::***:

11. jlg65

did you get a response?

12. jlg65

and if you need to talk, hit me up. haha, im feeling the stress of school too!

13. stumble along

No response and I don't think I'm going to get one.
    I guess if anything funny comes up I can always delete the message right?
    I might take you up on that offer jlg

14. jlg65

Aww! We'll im here for you man! John btw :slight_smile:

15. stumble along

Got a response

Um sorry man I'm not staring at you. If I'm staring over there I'm probably just zoning. My bad i didnt know you thought I was Creepin like that

I guess i can let that rest

Guess I can't do anything with that.
    Oh well, at least I know why he just glances over here, but I'm still allittle doubtful since it doesn't explain everything.

And it won't let me message members jlg

16. jlg65

I know! Me either! Haha, sounds kinda like you have a secret admirer!

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2011 at 10:10 PM ----------

Its sad because I have no gay friends. Nobody to talk to about this kind of stuff!

17. stumble along

ok so after he sent that i got back saying

Nooooo problem bro its all good just needed to know. Sorry if I sounded alittle upset. Been one of those weeks.

and then he replied with

Don't worry about it I know how you feel. I'll try not to zone in your direction so much

i told him it's just stress and then i remembered he has another class i also take (different times) so i aksed him what he got on the last test

o god what am i doing this feels so stupid :icon_redf

18. jlg65

Hey, maybe you'll make a new friend :slight_smile:

19. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sounds like you've started a dialogue and might make a new friend :grin:

20. Tracker57

I'm with Lexington on this one. Take the first step and just say "hi". Most people don't like to be isolated and alone and would enjoy someone to talk to. Start the conversation flowing! It will release the tension and both of you will be glad for it. (And maybe even the other guy, too!)
    Tracker