1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LaplaceScramble, Dec 14, 2011.

1. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never actually been in a relationship (at least to the point of sex being an issue) so I don't know how I can say this positively, or how I can convince the people I have told, but I am bi. For that matter I don't know how I can reassure myself of my sexuality when I get extremely shy around girls, and even more so around guys that I like or think are hot and have no chance of getting to the point of sex anytime soon. I have no idea what to do :help:

2. jlg65

I feel the same way :slight_smile: Just get comfortable with who you are. If you want to try something with the opposite sex, go for it. Its normal to be attracted to both sexes :slight_smile: if you have any questions, i would be happy to try and help :slight_smile:

3. InaRut

I understand the feeling to explore your sexuality. Alot of people feel this need to confirm their sexual indentity only at times where they have been able to physically express that desire. The same mentality translates to, "I can't be gay, I've never had sex with a man."

However, sexuality if concerned within the inner self and not the outer self, should be labelled depedent on who you feel attracted to not who you've been with romantically of physically.

Have confidence in the kind of person you've identified in yourself. The rest doesn't matter. When you tell people your bi...it's because YOU know you are bi.

I hope that helps, eh!

4. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Personally I know that I'm pan, even though I've never being in a relationship with a girl (my MtF girlfriend excluded here) because I, just, well, know! You don't need to have being with both in order to know- I'm still a virgin and am happy that way. Tell people you are and if they challenge you or say that you can't be bi based on the fact you've not slept with a boy, tell them to sod off because its your business.

---------- Post added 15th Dec 2011 at 02:32 PM ----------

Of course, asking how they know they're straight usually shuts people up too :wink:

5. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I don't wanna open up in a place that I'll be leaving soon to travel across the continent, but while I may know that I am bi...knowing it in my mind and with my body are two different things.

6. Chandra

It's normal to continue to have problems with self-confidence and confusion even if you're pretty sure in your own mind of your sexual orientation. Becoming confident and centred in who you are takes time and experience.

If you're pretty sure right now that you're bisexual, then you probably are. As you get more used to the idea, and you meet people and have relationships with them, you will figure yourself out more and more. Don't feel that you need to rush yourself, or that you need to come out to anyone if you're not ready.