1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not as out as I thought?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Peteisntmyname, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Peteisntmyname

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, where to begin.. Hello, first post. I've lurked for a bit though.

I am 17, gay, I've been out to my family and friends for about 2 months. I've changed the orientation on my myspace from "No answer" to "Gay" so that makes me out to everyone, right?!

Guess not. Well, here is my story.

My best friend, Jane and I went to a little party at her older brother's house last night. I knew a few people, but they're all older and I'm sort of "Jane's Friend Peter" to most of them. I met a girl, who knows my cousin, and she dated Susie's brother. The girl was very friendly, tipsy, loud, etc.

So, Jane, the girl, and myself are sitting, and watching people play drinking games. Jane was reading a tattoo magazine and there was some hot guys in the magazine they were drooling over, and the girl ended up saying, "Well, you don't like this, you're not gay, right?"

I looked at Jane, :eek:, she looked at me. Simultaneously we gave different answers. I said No, she said Yes. Jane then took it upon herself to explain that it was new, and that I was afraid of not being accepted... Have another beer. Leaving me even more :eek:'d. The girl was fine with it, she seemed excited that I was gay. At first she didn't believe it but Jane said, "Its a new thing so don't be a loud mouth bitch about it!:roflmao: "

Well, I considered myself out until now, but it seemed better to lie to her than to tell her. I didn't really know her, and only 2 people out of the 13 or so guests knew (Jane, and her sister.) The rest are all more college-type partiers who I only see when we go to concerts, or the occasional party I go to.

I normally don't go party with them because of this, Jane's brother seems to like me as a friend and he invites us often but I always turn it down, and I wish I didn't, because once the beer broke down my wall, I actually enjoyed myself.

Jane assures me that none of them would have a problem with it, but it wouldn't surprise me if one or two weren't as liberal the thinkers as Jane says.

Well, :dry:.
    -Pete

#1 Peteisntmyname, Dec 17, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  2. Ty

Ty Guest

Well, to be honest, if i were to come out, i'd just tell all my friends, family and then (naturally it would spread around, like gossip does) if people asked i'd just say yeah or "its none of your business" but yeah.. Changing your sexuality on myspace isn't a very effective way of coming out because Im sure people don't check your sexuality section every day to see if its changed...

/Ty

3. Peteisntmyname

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha, that was a joke. >.<

/whoosh