1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubles

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LdSlnce, Dec 15, 2011.

1. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

Yay! It's me again...

Go crazy.

Well...this lands more in "support" than in "advice", but advice may come into play with this post that I plan on making short. Or shorter than my others.

So I will be seeing a counselor for self harm issues, but that will not be the point of conversations that I plan on having with this person. It'll be about my sexuality and new found gender. I'm nervous! Here are the concerns:

1) What if the person just doesn't really listen?

2) Will the person have an issue with my sexuality?

3) Is the person going to kinda just brush off my gender confusion as nothing?

4) What if they tell me I have to be evaluated?

5) What if I end up getting admitted again?!

A bit stupid, but I feel that way anyways. I have seen counselors in the past, so the whole process in nothing new. The last two are serious concerns, though, that are very likely. And I'm scared that my parents might change their minds because I could get admitted, CPS could get involved, and the past history. It's freaking me out to the point that I just really don't care about spelling mistakes! You know how bad that is?! Real bad...let's just leave it at that.

So being admitted into LR, is not terrible, but I don't really want to go back again because it's monotonous - among other things. All you do is sit around and wait for group or meals. The sexuality thing in LR is pretty calm, so that's the only good thing. The girls in there tend to be lesbian or bisexual a lot of the time. They actually helped me out with finding my sexuality in an indirect way. But the point is...LR is not a place I want to return to, but there is a very high chance that there will be a re-admitting.

I'm just asking for some words of encouragement...I'm feeling sick to my stomach with these worries. Not even writing this out has helped... Your words don't even have to be true, I just really need a pick me up:icon_sad:

2. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (*hug*)

A decent counsellor won't dismiss your concerns. There are the bad ones, of course, but if you can find a decent one, you should be good :slight_smile:

As to readmittance- if they see fit to do that, its for the best, right? Did it help last time? I don't know how to help you with that but (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. Ianthe

(*hug*)

Don't worry, it will be all right.

It makes sense to talk to your counselor about this stuff. So many queer people have issues with self harm and suicidal depression, it doesn't seem likely that it's irrelevant to it. If the counselor is one who deals with these kinds of issues regularly, they will probably have some experience with queer people. Certainly, they'll have been trained in some queer issues.

The therapist may regard this as a significant breakthrough in terms of the underlying causes of your self-harming.

Hopefully, you won't need to be admitted. Good luck! (*hug*)

4. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

Ah thank you both! Hopefully all will go well. If not, I have my dad - I came out to him and he was so cool about it! :icon_bigg