1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing Emotions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jacket, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Jacket

Hi all

I've been having trouble lately working out how I feel about some people. I'm sure not sure how to tell apart close friendship to wanting something more.
    There's this friend who I like, we cuddle and mess around a bit but we never really do anything.

He knows I like him and doesn't like me back and just wants us to be friends. He doesn't see sex as any big deal, but I do a bit, or at least I need some kind of emotional connection to whoever. Last night we started to go a bit further than usual (my doing), he stopped me saying he wasn't sure its what I wanted and that he didn't want to confuse me.
    He also made a comment that he thinks I'd want a relationship having just started to come out rather than random sex. I think he's right.

Lately, I've just been feeling pretty lonely and I like him. I want to keep him as a friend but I'm having trouble sorting out my emotions as to how close I feel to him, and how I feel about other people in general.
    Just not sure what to do so I can sort out how I feel and not put myself in a position where I'm probably just going to get hurt.

Sorry if this makes no sense.

2. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think this guy is the best friend you could have right now :slight_smile: I would agree with him. Stay friends, don't take it farther, and enjoy the friendship :slight_smile: You sound really close and I'd hate to mess that up if it was me. (*hug*)

3. lucas52

lucas52 Guest

A simular thing happened to me with my friend but I did tell her I liked her. and i'm kind of glad that it didn't go anywhere and that we are still good friends and eventually I got over it.

4. Eli

Eli Guest

This guy sounds like a pretty good friend from what you've described. I agree that after having just come out, it's probably better to look for a relationship rather than just sex. I also think that if you had gone through with it, separating your friendship from your sexual relationship would be very difficult and confusing.
    But I definitely understand the frustration with what seems like very few relationship possibilities, and the loneliness that can bring. I'm sorry, because that is really no fun to feel like. But I maintain that sex, without a relationship to back it up, will only make you feel increasingly lonely.