1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by smyrnaguy, Dec 17, 2011.

1. smyrnaguy

smyrnaguy Guest

i am sure i am gay, however due to family's views i am trying to convince myself otherwise. but my biggest problem is i find my straight married best friend really hot and want to have sex with him so bad, WHAT DO I DO?

2. Emergelove

Do not have sex with him, would be my advice, in most circumstances. He is your best friend and approaching him for sex could all sorts of implications. Again, this is my opinion.

I am wondering if you can pay attention to the fact that you are trying to convince yourself of not being gay and that does not seem to be a bigger problem...I am sure it is not easy for you.

And, yes welcome to EC!

3. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Your family will come around. Putting a face on LGBT usually makes people realise that its not just abstracts and 'other peoples kids' who are gay and their son should be more important than their rote, I hope.

As for your best friend? Don't go there. He's married. Even if he was gay, he's not available.

Welcome to EC! (*hug*)

4. Daisy1

Welcome! Best thing to do with straight crushes is stay away until you get over it. Doing that should also help you think about your sexuality independently from your friend.

5. Tracker57

From a guy who's been there...don't fight against who you are and try to be someone else. Once you accept and love yourself, then figure out how you can be YOU--trruthfully and genuinely--within your faith.

As for a married friend, stay away. I am married and really wanted to be with a gay friend of mine. He put a stop to it reminding me of my vow I made to someone else. (He's a better guy than me in that.) Do not go messing up two people's lives. Be honorable and help your friend be honorable, too. (But if he's suddenly single....hmmmmmm.)

6. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

he is straight. he is married. he is off limits. explore with available people that are into the same sexual orientation as you.

7. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

Fighting it will take its toll on you...don't do it. My family is like that, but, as a lot of people say, putting a face to the LGBT communtiy makes a difference sometimes. But before you start telling people, try to make yourself OK with being gay. It isn't that bad, honest.

Straight friend...stay away. He's married. That makes him dangerous to get involved with in any way other than friendship. He's straight. Well...it will put a strain on your relationship if you try to act on it and if he's completely straight and ends up taking offense. So just stay away as far as that...

Now that that's said...
    Welcome to EC! :icon_bigg

8. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

Don't go for your friend. Regardless of his sexual orientation, he's taken. Coming to terms with being gay can be hard, I know, I've been there, but it's part of who you are. Try and be yourself, remember someone always loves you. As for your family's views, remember there is more to you than being gay. You are the same son they always had, being gay isn't going to change you. Best of luck to you.

9. ukeye

ukeye Guest

Sigh - this is how it is I'm sorry. You can't be with your married friend, he has made a commitment and particularly if hes recently married, he is highly likely not to be into you. Perhaps his sudden commitment has made you feel left out and realise its time to get your needs met also, which I think would enhance your attraction to him.. kind of a 'well hes got everything worked out, how awesome is he when I am only just working out my sexuality'. Ok, well maybe not so much.. but you get where I'm at I'm sure. This will take time and as people say here - theres always someone to love you and people come around to everything with time :slight_smile: - Chin up, one day you might be the one getting married, you never know whats around the corner.