1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by andrew23, Dec 18, 2011.

1. andrew23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just came out to my sister today. To sum it up she is almost positive that this is a phase and that if I really believed and prayed that I could get past it. I know she was trying to be supportive, but at this point going back to that stage would just seem like throwing all the progress I have made away. Anyone have any advice or links that I could show her to make her understand? And please no religion bashing or any of that.

2. J Snow

Perhaps this link will be of assistance.

PFLAG: Parents, Families, & Friends of Lesbians and Gays

My family has hardly been supportive so I assume there are others that might be able to be of more assistance than me. I would just make sure you let her know that you can't pray away sexual orientation, and people that end up doing that end up in unhappy marriages and end up coming out in their middle ages and have their children thrust into that chaos. You did the right thing by telling her and taking a step out (*hug*)

3. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ^^
    What Snow said

4. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

theres a good one....for the bible told me so video. i really like that one.it doesn't bash. it just helps Christian family see a diff perspective.

5. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

In the same boat, but with my mom! When she knew...
    Well, going off what my dad said, let her know that this is how you feel now. If it's a phase, whatever. But you feel it now, and if it doesn't seem like it's going to bid you farewell anytime soon, let her know that.