1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slightly Concerned...Slightly...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LegitRomance, Dec 19, 2011.

1. LegitRomance

Recently I've fallen head over heels for this guy (comedy second: In my mind I sounded like a total fanboy >.>) which we established has the same feelings for me. But I've recently found out that he's a Satanist..

I honestly don't have anything against religions (except for insanely dedicated/forces of religion kind of people.) I will admit last year I even had a phase that I tried every religion for a center amount of time. But right now I'm kinda in a 'wait...what...' kinda state it's kinda hard to describe. I'm just overwhelmed with thoughts, worries, etc...

2. Mogget

"Satanism" is a loose, almost meaningless term. It can refer to LaVaye's Satanism, a mix of occult mysticism and libertarianism; to a rejection of traditional theism that is so profound that terms like "atheism" or even "antitheism" are inadequate to describe it; to a worship of Lucifer as the bringer of light and knowledge; arguably certain Gnostic religions could be considered Satanism, for example, some Gnostic Christians believed that the Serpent in the garden of Eden (traditionally considered Satan) was a liberating force against the oppressive and evil demiurge.

To my knowledge, no, or at least very, very few, Satanists consider themselves to be worshipers of an evil being. Most consider themselves to have broken free of an oppressive religious system in which God is the cause (literally or metaphorically) of suffering and evil. They may consider themselves evil, but only inasmuch as the traditional idea of good serves to oppress rather than liberate.

3. FleetFish

Did HE tell you this, or did someone else tell you? There are some people who describe all non-Christian religions as "satanic" and therefore, as a Buddhist, I am a Satanist. How cool is that? :lol:

If he does consider himself a Satanist, find out what that means to him, personally. As Liam described, that can mean a lot of different things. Chances are, he is not out sacrificing goats. :icon_wink Just talk to him, and keep an open mind.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No harm in asking about his Satanist beliefs. :slight_smile:

Lex