1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help with buying a breast binder

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SyFy Girl, Dec 19, 2011.

1. SyFy Girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    So basically, I'm trying to figure out who I am. I don't feel completely comfortable as a girl, especially when it comes to my chest. What I've been wanting to do for a while now is bind my chest because when I think about doing it, I feel happy and that I would more like I feel than I do now. Unfortunately, I am also a kid living with my extremely overprotective and monitoring mother :bang:. I was wondering if anyone knew any stores (online or otherwise) that sell binders that wouldn't make my mom suspicious. Any help would be much appreciated (*hug*)

2. Gitano65

Gitano65 Guest

Hi There! I understand about wanting to bind your chest and feeling more like your true self. Here's a website that has some good tips and sites to check out to buy binders: Hudson's Guide: FTM Binding . A quick word about binding under the scrutiny of others--once you bind--it's very likely people in tune with you are going to notice--You'll have a pretty flat chest. If your pretty small to begin with, it might be as noticeable, but, on the whole, binders do a good job of creating a flat chest. I'm not trying to push you away from the idea, it's just something I've learned from experience. Good luck!

3. SyFy Girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for the website link and the advice, they were both very helpful. Right now, what I hope to do is purchase a binder and wear it at one of my open-minded friend's house and the rare times I'm able to go out without my mom. The only times I would plan to wear it at home would be when I wear a baggy shirt. But really, thank you.

4. Gitano65

Gitano65 Guest

You're very welcome! Drop a line anytime if you need anything! If I can help I will. Oh, and I found the "Underworks" brand of binders to be the most comfortable, as they don't feel like they are crushing my rib cage, yet they do the job very well. :icon_bigg

5. Eli

Eli Guest

As far as binding goes, I can wholeheartedly recommend Underworks as a brand of binder. Like the previous poster mentioned, though, your chest will be seriously flat when wearing one. They have a website (which you can google and find, look under the section entitled FtM); they're also sold on amazon which, if you want a less suspicious website, will probably be better. Quick note about binding- don't do it on bare skin, ever. I wear a cut-up old tshirt under my binder.
    If buying a nice binder online won't work, I suggest a tight excercize top with a built in bra, ace bandages, or a combination of the two. If you go the bandage route, be sure not to leave them on too long or too tight, you could seriously injure yourself. You also should not excercize heavily while binding with bandages. You can buy these supplies at a walmart or other big store.