1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come out? Help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Raj, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Raj

Raj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So the other day I woke up and decided I wanted to come out. I've been much more attracted to guys for almost as long as I can remember. I've never been in a relationship with a guy and never thought I would. But now all the sudden I want to come out and them maybe even go out( with a guy). The weird part is as soon as I decided I wanted to come out I have all the sudden been second guessing myself. What if I'm not gay? Since I've never been in a relationship with a guy can I know for sure? Any and all sexual fantasies are focused towards guys. So one question - is there a difference in finding guy sexually attractive and wantting to date them? Part of the reason for coming out is to one day be in a relationship. But what if I don't like it? By the way I know I don't want a relationship with a girl. Sorry if this is confusing I am not great with words. I would just like some opinions. Also I know it could make since to try relationship before coming out but I really don't see that as a good option(to much to hide). So opinions- come out? Please ask any questions I know I could give much more info about myself.

2. jake v

You sound just like I did so don't worry. In reality just slow down a little bit. This is your life and you don't need to prove anything to anyone. Don't even worry about a relationship right now cause a bad one can confuse you even more. Just relax and take time to look at yourself and figure out what it is you really want. there is no rush to the rest of your life.

3. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

Same situation I'm in...

Well, in the words of my dad - who really helped me with getting comfortable with myself:

If this is a phase, ok. But this is how you feel now. When you come out, tell them that if they tell you that it's a phase and will pass. Don't stress about it; it'll make you miserable. If this is how you are, then this is how you are. You're still the same, nothing changed.

But again, if anyone tells you that it is just a phase, just tell them that this is how you feel now.

#3 LdSlnce, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  4. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ^^
    What Ld said :slight_smile:

5. Raj

Raj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^ Jake V

Thanks for the reply.

Can I ask how you finally came out to your family? I know it is time for to I just can't work up the courage nor do I know how to start the conversation.