1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking up is...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by yourillusion, Dec 20, 2011.

1. yourillusion

I have recently just got out of my first relationship with another bio-female (genderqueer). I now seem to be dealing with some emotions that I didn't necessarily expect. I feel like I'll never be able to find a decent true love, and I wonder now if I might be genderqueer myself.

I've had struggles with depression in the past and feel like I might be headed that way. :frowning2: I've dated guys in the past, but this break-up feels different... Any thoughts on what to expect after first same sex relationship break-up?

2. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It sounds like you were really into her and she has left a hole in your heart that a guy never left to me. Breaking up sucks, I agree. I haven't had sex but I was really sad and missed it, even though I'd broken it off because he was only a friend to me. I still missed it. What I did was stick to my routine. Do what I normally do. Try not to get too depressed about it or think about it if I could. And don't rebound!!!

3. yourillusion

Haha. Yeah, I am trying not to jump right back into finding a "replacement", take a little more time. Routine is a good thing, I agree.

4. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Trust me, rebounds can be a mistake and hard to get rid of without upsetting them. DON'T EVER REBOUND!!!

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww thats tough spend some time on EC everyone here is bound to cheer you up. I think as far as everything else goes just give yourself some time, keep yourself busy enough so as not to dwell but dont put pressure on yourself to find cures or labels, time is a great healer.