1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haircuts

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LdSlnce, Dec 20, 2011.

1. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

Yes, another [short] post! I've been looking for awhile, but I can't find an androgynous haircut that will suit my hairtype without straightening. I really don't want to spend my morning straightening my hair... So the question:

Any ideas for an androgynous haircut for curly, thick hair? No straightening required. I can't really go to my parents to ask...they'll get suspicious, and I'm not ready to have a talk about me questioning my gender :icon_redf.

2. Homo Novus

Have you considered cutting it short but leaving it slightly longer on the top (kinda like a casual fauxhawk), and just leaving it curly? I think it could be hawt. Exhibit A:
    http://your-hairstyles.com/img/arts/2010/Aug/19/308/short_curly_hairstyle.jpg
    I'm gonna assume that your hair's not quite as curly as hers is on the top ('cause it kinda just looks fake), but definitely curlier than the sides. In my opinion, that's better. :] Haha. Doesn't have to be as crazy or as long as hers... But you can always bring in whatever pics you find on the internet that you like to your hairdresser and attempt to convey to them exactly what you want/don't want.

3. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

Thanks:slight_smile: I was actually looking at that picture and debating if I wanted to do that. Now I want to xD But after I donate my hair and stuff...I'm only growing it so I can donate it later on

4. jargon

As a lover of androgyny myself, I second the above motion. :slight_smile:

Even though referring to it as a "casual fauxhawk" made me cringe a little and almost not click the link :lol: No offense to anyone, but I think in 10 years fauxhawks will get the same response mullets do now.

5. DhammaGamer

HEY now!! I have a fauxhawk. It's hot ...

6. Homo Novus

Seconded. And I get compliments on it all the time. Hahaha.

7. jargon

Hahaha, well lots of people do. And lots of people seem to like them A LOT. They just arent my thing. If you like, and the people you want to like it do too, more power to ya!

8. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

I'll admit...I agree with jargon...the casual fauxhawk made me a little reluctant because I personally don't care too much for them. But I see nothin wrong with others having it...just not my cup of tea:slight_smile: