1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roommates love

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confused102188, Dec 20, 2011.

1. confused102188

The guy I'd do absolutely anything to be with just asked me to be his roommate. I'm 23 and need to move out so its good in some ways BUT... He's straight, i'm gay. I wanna marry him and I love him, he's straight. I think he walks on water. I just don't wanna get hurt but I already told him yes cause I love the idea but he's thinking of this in another way then I am. He knows i'm gay and he knows I used to like him. I lied I still like him lol. Any advice?

2. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If its going to make it that awkward, I wouldn't recommend it. Tell him that you still like him and that it would ruin the friendship if you got drunk or hit on him or anything and you don't want to do that because you value his friendship. I would. But its up to you.

3. Eleanor Rigby

I think you'd better call your friend an tell him that being roommates isn't a good idea. Because, really, it isn't.
    You're already in love with him. You already know he is straight. You already know nothing is going to happen between the two of you.
    Starting to be roommates in such conditions is only going to make you hurt more.
    The best thing you can do for yourself is to distance yourself from this guy. And that isn't going to be possible if you're roommates.
    Do yourself a favor, don't go down that road.

Take care, Cécile

4. Uniboth

The truth is your best friend here. You're out and he also knows you used to like him. You really have nothing to lose!! Tell the dude you're still into him and moving in won't work out too awesome for you...

With that said, moving in with him may not be such a bad idea. Keep things in perspective and know your boundaries...when things start to feel uncomfortable let the dude know. In fact, let the dude know everything and live undisclosed. You might be able to lose the feelings you have for the guy sooner this way. If he is straight and charming enough to be walking on water, I'm sure he'll have no trouble getting girls. Although the pain will spike when you see him bring girls over, it'll help with the reality check.

Imho, the person you're attracted to generally makes the best a friend could be for you. So the sooner you can lose the crush, the better your relationship will be!!! If you do choose to room with him, be ready for the pain! It'll hit you like an iron fist to the crotch, but it may go away just as fast (I'd like place a shit load of emphasis on the word 'MAY').

5. Emergelove

Ditto...

Honesty would be the best in either case, whether you room or not with him. The crush does not last for long but friendship does.

6. confused102188

Thanks for all the good advice guys. I'll really have to think about how to go about this.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess that would depend. Can you respect his boundaries? Would you be tempted to sneak into his room (or the bathroom) for a "quick peek", because "what would be the harm?" Would you start scheming on how to slip into his bedroom if he ever got really drunk, because then you could cozy up next to him without him objecting? If so, then this is a terrible idea. :slight_smile:

Lex

8. confused102188

lol no I respect him. I would never do that to him!

9. greatfulyslow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    FYI speaking from experience it doesn't work staying with someone you love who is straight it doesn't last. For example I lived with my friend and we became more than friends and she said she was straight she wasn't straight when she was sleeping with me anyway three years later we broke up because she couldn't come out and dumped me a year later she married a man so yeah don't do it! It has taken me like 2 years to get over her! It might work out for a little until he decides he doesn't want to be gay anymore (if your relationship sways that way) plus if you move in together your never going to be able to have a healthy relationship with someone who will actually love you back!

10. ukeye

ukeye Guest

hahaha Lex you always find a way to make me laugh. This is the truth black and white. How much grief can you bear! Also, and I'm not being judgmental here and it may not appear to be your case - but straight guys, well all people can turn into nasty opportunists, this could be worse if he knows your into him and you suddenly find your doing all the housework and making his bed with nothing in return..lol. Plus just having the ongoing crush will limit your ability to go out and find someone who is gay and into you! You could try it out for a while, but I wouldn't go signing any year long leases or anything. Cool that your friend is liberal minded enough to live with u tho hey!

11. Bryan

I have been in a situation where I lived with someone I loved who didn't love me back, please do what you can to get out of it. It will disrupt your life in ways you can't begin to imagine.