1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ready To Take My First Big Step (I think?)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GuyDC21, Dec 20, 2011.

1. GuyDC21

Hey DC here!:icon_bigg I’m about to make a big step in my life; I think I’ve finally gotten up the courage to ask a guy out on a date. I’ve always been far too intimidated and nervous/fearful over rejection. Over the last year, however, I’ve been approaching that point where I just don’t care anymore. I would much rather be happy than to not be happy because I might get turned down or feel embarrassed. Life’s too short.

Anyways, the guy, Alex, is a friend of a friend who I’ve known him for about a year now. When I first met him he was a bass player in a “rival” band. We hit it off right away and have been talking ever since. I knew he was gay right from the beginning and would have long, spirited discussions about gay rights and about living an out lifestyle. Part of me suspects that he may already know not only that I’m bi, but that I have a crush on him. This is what makes me the most nervous.:help:

My plan was to ask him at a Christmas Eve party I’m playing at. See the thing is, (unless he already knows) not only will I be coming out to him; I will also be asking him out. I feel ready and it feels right, but, I don’t know; am I taking on too much at once? Should I just come out to him and see if it’s right later?
    I’ve never been this nervously-happy in all my life. All the butterflies in my stomach are now in my throat. I’m excited though, very excited. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:smilewave

2. Cymbrii

I say go for it! Your reasoning all sounds completely sound to me, so definitely give it a shot! Good luck and I hope it all works out :3

3. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Best of luck!

4. Marlowe

Go for it! Thinking about this situation, I think you asking him out more likely confirms what he already knows or suspects. It doesn't sound like you did much to cover up that you are bi, I mean I never felt comfortable talking with one of my best friends about his being gay. I think about my friends who are really open minded and their responses were, "oh? oh. okay." and that was that. it was as if I had told them that I liked broccoli or something. My point is that your asking him out, confirms a rather non-interesting fact about you -- namely that you are bi. After this there are bigger fish to fry.

Good luck and I hope all goes swell!