1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migraines

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pace e amore, Dec 21, 2011.

1. pace e amore

I get migraines about once a month, sometimes less if i'm lucky. At 11 i was prescribed with imitrex but it just made me feel worse than when i had the migraine so i gave that up. I heard marijuana does wonders for it but i can't get a prescription for that because my state hasn't legalized it for medicinal use yet. Does anyone have any suggestions for beating them?

2. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it depends on what kind of migraine you get, ask your doctor about maxalt, its what finally worked for me, it made it so i got them less often, and when i did it was less severe, and that's a long term side effect, I haven't taken it in 5 or 6 years, but I just don't get bad migraines like i used to, but I've also learned to be very aware of warning signs, I don't take a slight headache lightly and do my very best to deal with it at the first sign.

3. jake v

I get migraines all of the time. The best thing I've found is taking three advil liquid gels and a big blue gatorade. As soon as you get those down take a nap.