1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my parents.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Charni, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A few months ago I was a cross dresser and I came out to my parents, who did not accept me at all. I have since then discovered I am a girl inside and my relationship with my parents has healed (but not fully to me). I want to come out to them about being a girl but I know I will be rejected again because this will be "worse" in their eyes than cross dressing. I can't come out to any friends either. Can anybody help in any way?

2. ChutneyFarmer

It seems like your parents were initially shocked at your cross-dressing, but got over it and now love you again.
    Hopefully it will be the same with your gender identity. They probably love you just the same, but need time to cope with these huge revelations. Maybe you telling them about your gender identity will help explain the cross dressing better, and help them to accept you as you are.
    Even though it's hard at first, you have to trust that your parents will love you through thick and thin.

3. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They were actually quite mean about it and I got called names. I still can't kaap up a conversation with them. I will tell them soon, but how soon I don't know.

4. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Do you think they accepted it, or just brushed it under the rug and hoped it would go away? How would they take the trans thing?

5. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's well under the rug. I don't think it will be nice.

6. EM68

Hey there. Have you thought of talking to a counselor at school to tell them that you may be transgendered? If you talk to them you might be able to help you work this out.

Also you can bring up to your parents that the reason why you cross-dressed is because you are transgendered.