1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to die

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by behind glass, Dec 22, 2011.

1. behind glass

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The title explains it. There is no reason for my life and existence....

2. IanGallagher

I don't know what's going on. But I can tell you that as hard as it seems right now, things will get better. If someone didn't accept that you're gay, the problem is with them - not with you. If you got into a break up - there's a millions of other guys out there more deserving of your time. If it's a death - you can move past it, believe me I've been there. Whatever it is, as much as it seems like the end of the world right now, you can move past it.

3. GuyDC21

What's wrong? This is the place to talk to supportive people, if you want to.

4. J Snow

You seem to be wanting support if you are making a thread, but without listing any of the reasons you are having these feelings there's really no way for us to assist you.

5. behind glass

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm tired of feeling alone and unwanted I've felt like this sence I was 10. I had a crush on a friend and another friend was looking into if he was gay or bi cuz she said it seemed like he flirted with me. After like a week she told me that they liked each other and she started dating him and I told her it was ok and that I was over it because I didn't want to make her feel bad, but it effected me more than I let on. She was the friend I always talked to when I felt bad and now I can't even do that so I feel like shit. I feel alone and I've started cutting myself again. I'm tired of crying myself to sleep... I just want to die.

6. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What happened? Please talk about it. You can work it out and things will get better.

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2011 at 09:23 PM ----------

There are plenty of guys out there, you just need to look and move on. You shouldn't feel like shit at all.

7. IanGallagher

What your friend did was wrong. Even if he is straight, she led you into believing something about him that may not be true. He may not have even been able to reciprocate it because he might just be straight. There are loads of guys out there and everyone of all ages feels like this at some point. But, it does pass and it does get easier. I'm uncertain about how open you are and willing to be, but you could try an LGBT youth group - there's gotta be plenty of cute guys there for you to meet. It'll happen.

8. Mogget

You're exhibiting classic symptoms of depression, although you may not be clinically depressed in the technical sense of the term. I also experience depression, although it's mostly under control.

About two years ago, I became suicidal, in part because I'd been dumped by a guy I'd only been dating for a few weeks. I'd been depressed before, and being dumped pushed me over the edge. It took me the better part of those past two years to rebuild my life.

So, how did I do it? I sought help. I started seeing a counselor through my college, and later started a regimen of anti-depressants. At your age, assuming you have a good relationship with your parents (which it sounds like you do as you're out to them), the best place to start looking for help is with your parents.

A lot of depressed people, myself included, don't want to tell their family that they are depressed or suicidal. We worry that we'll burden them with knowledge they won't be able to handle. The thing is, if your family loves you, they want to know. It's parents' job to be concerned about their children, and if you think they'll be concerned now, imagine how much worse they'll feel if you attempt, or complete, suicide.

And when people don't get help and treatment for their suicidal ideation, they tend to go through with it. Maybe not immediately, but over time it tends to worsen. If you don't seek help now, it is quite likely that your situation will deteriorate. Seek help now, before it gets any worse.

9. behind glass

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm on anti-depresants now and they were working until all of this crap happened.

10. Mogget

The thing about anti-depressants is that they aren't a cure-all for depression. Their main functions are to increase energy and broaden the emotional range the patient is capable of feeling. They can help to prevent relapses, but are not completely effective against them. Relapse is common among people experiencing depression, although there are ways to make it less likely. Most of these techniques are things you can learn in therapy. And that remains my recommendation. Meds are rarely sufficient to treat depression, therapy is key, indeed a more important key, to recovery and relapse prevention.

11. Tracker57

Hey, BG. I was on anti-depressants and they weren't enough for me. I attempted suicide 6 months ago because I got into a downward spiral of negative thinking. I was telling myself lies. But it took counseling to get me back. As dark as things seem for you right now, taking your own life is not the answer. You are depriving someone you are going to meet in the future a lifetime of love.
    Go TALK to someone! Talk to us! There are people out there who do and will appreciate you for who you really are. I see a lot of myself in your story--I felt alone and depressed often in high school. But i got through it and it gets better! I got through my depression, and life is so much better now! It will be for you.
    Tracker

12. Flying Squirrel

Hey I grew up in Midland and I understand how there's really not a lot of LGBT groups in the tri-cities area and how it can lead to really feeling alone... when I was in high school and looking for a someone to talk to I ran across a group in Saginaw called Perceptions. The homepage reads that "Perceptions is a non-profit community organization that offers educational, social and networking opportunities for residents of the Tri-Cities (Midland, Bay City and Saginaw) and surrounding areas. Perceptions strives to foster a positive image for the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender community and our allies".

I never went to a meeting so I can't let you know what to expect, but I don't think it would hurt to grab your mom and check it out. It could be helpful to have people in real life to talk to who are going through similar things.

Liam's advice is dead on, and Tracker is right that it will get better!