1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help??...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lucy l0u, Dec 23, 2011.

1. lucy l0u

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I hope this is in the right place... Sorry if it is not :3
    Right well i guess the beginning is the place to start.
    I'm 16 (in 4 months i will be 17)
    I've been confused about my sexuality since I was 15 which may not seem like a long time but still.
    Ive only ever had 1 boyfriend in the past when i was 14 i cant actually remember much about it and i dont think i really felt anything towards him.
    so yeah, I think i might be either bi or gay as i feel attracted to girls.
    Since starting college ive been asked out by a few lads but ive not liked any of them and where ever i go i see girls that i fancy like ill see a girl and think she's fit or beautiful and then i would think 'oh i would go out with her' So, does this make me gay or bi?
    I occasionally think a lad is fit but pretty much where ever i go, ill see a girl that i think is beautiful and fit and i could actually see myself going out with a girl.
    im confused and just want to get to the bottom of things.
    Help mee?:slight_smile:

2. Hidinginalabama

Well from what you have written I think you could be a lesbian just because you dont look at guys. But this is something that you really have to look inside your self to know. Have you ever thought of sleeping with another women? That is something to me that would really tell your self if you are or not. There are a lot of questions that you have to ask your self I think. Do you want to date another women? Do you think of being in a relastionship with one? These are just some of the questions that you have to ask your self but I think its a good start. And what ever you deside know that we are here for you. Best of luck with this and it always gets better.:thumbsup:

3. Marlowe

I guess the best advice I can give is to try to help you sort out what exactly you feel toward people of one gender or another. As a gay man, I can appreciate when a woman is cute, or beautiful, or sexy, but when I think about this it is in a purely objective way. Whatever attraction I feel is more about curiosity than it is about pure sexual attraction. On the other hand, my attraction to guys is a lot more involved on both a psychological level both in reaction to physical attractiveness as well as on an emotional level.

I think trying to dig away at to whom you are emotionally attracted will be helpful. Who do you want to cuddle with and kiss and join in doing something stupid that you don't want to do but you do anyway because you care about the other person. I think that if you can imagine yourself dating a girl and can't do so for a guy this is a pretty strong indicator that you are gay. While it is possible to have sexual fantasies about a same sex hookup, I don't think such an attraction would extend to the realm of emotion and relationships.

4. Steven791

It really just depends on if you have any feelings for guys. I see girls and I might think to myself that one is really good looking, but I would never have any interest in dating one or having any kind of relations with one.