1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it true? Or am I wishful thinking

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rachel1423, Dec 23, 2011.

1. rachel1423

rachel1423 Guest

In one of my previous posts, I talked about a girl who I went to lunch with.
    Since then we have been pretty much inseperable.
    I think I might be dreaming.

For a while now I have been trying to figure her out. There are several cues and flags that make me think that she could be into me, but at the same time I could just be wishful thinking, when really there is nothing going on at all. I want to talk to her about it, but that could jepoaradize our friendship. Even just being friends with her makes me so happy, if I lost that then I would be very upset, and really really really embarassed. Some of my gay/bi friends feel like she is totally into me, but then again I don't know if they are wishful thinking too! I mean, she is really hot. Even the guy that I've been seeing is convinced that we're lesbian together, hahaha.

I'm asking for support and some opinions on my situation... please :icon_bigg

Things that make me feel like she's down:
    -Drunk kissing at parties (but could it be for attention from guys)
    -Claims she has issues getting along with girls (as do many, but not all, gay girls)
    -We hang out at least once a day
    -We're usually always texting
    -We cuddle
    -She doesn't mind getting close. At all (but maybe shes just really open as a person)
    -Simply the way she looks at me.

Things against my theory:
    -She sleeps with a lot of men (as do I, though...)
    -She tells me and other people that shes a very open person, and not much makes her feel awkward.

I want to hear what you think!!!
    Thank you all :thumbsup:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you come out to her yet? That seems to be the obvious move. You don't have to jump straight to the "And I'm falling for you" part - just let her know you're bisexual. You can tell her directly, or talk about some other female you might think is attractive, or any way you choose.

Lex

3. rachel1423

rachel1423 Guest

Thanks Lexington, and no I have not come out to her yet, I still have only came out to one person. Coming out to her would be a huge step, and I'm afraid to put our friendship in danger in case she feels awkward.

Any opinions on her stance? Personal experience, etc?

4. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Girls tend to be a lot more open and physical with each other. It's possible that she is interested, but equally possible that she is just being a friend. Not knowing her, I wouldn't know.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In this day and age, I'd say it's a safe bet to simply come out to her. If it ends up she's completely straight, there MAY be a period where she draws back from being overly huggy and touchy-feely. That's not surprising, and even if it does happen, chances are she'll revert to it eventually. And at least then, you'll know where you stand. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. rachel1423

rachel1423 Guest

Lets hope that she's interested:slight_smile:

But you're right Lexington. If she's my friend she should accept that I'm bi in the first place. I think I'll wait until we're a little bit closer as friends, when we hang out again after Christmas break (which is in a month :frowning2: ) but we make sure we video chat often.

Just an update, she said she misses me so much that she wants to meet halfway :slight_smile:
    .... We live 6 hours away