1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back into the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hana Solo, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Both my parents know about me so I don't have to hide at home. But I'm visiting extended family over the holidays and they don't know yet so I'm going to have to go back into the closet... so I'm veering between excited 'I've not seen them in ages' and 'what if they guess' and 'ooh the coast has hot girls' and 'but they're all Christian, what would they think?'. I'm just really worried and don't want this to screw up my reunion with my family whom I love dearly.

2. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I will have Mum there, but I don't feel as comfortable talking to her about this as I do dad unlike everything else- we're very close, mum and I, and can talk about most everything- because she believes homosexuality is wrong- but she has said that she will always love and support me no matter what.

3. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

another entry that hits my heart. i feel so heavy about not being fully "out". though i am out to my parents, no other relatives know either. i am heading home today. i think what keeps me sane is simply knowing that my sexuality is a part of me, it's not all of me and there are areas where i can relate to everyone other than on that level. it just feels more intense at times. it sounds like you love your relatives and they love you. remember we are all growing. i suspect there will be more love for you than you anticipate. share with relatives if you feel like it, if not, that's ok too. just take it one step at a time, just remember, you are many wonderful things. i think you're gonna have a good weekend and i'm looking forward to hearing about it :slight_smile: peace, me

4. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks Sunsetting. I do love them dearly and have recieved nothing but support from them in everything else. Then again, everything else doesn't quite have the scope or depth of "I'm only interested in girls."

It's in a few weeks that I go but I'll be sure to tell you how it goes :slight_smile: I'll be there for a week so I hope I can get on EC during that time... I'll go nuts if I can't lol.

5. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

Hana, You are really impressive. I can see your depth, your clarity, your thoughtfulness and it's fantastic. And I totally feel you on the EC thing, I am going to go nutz without EC only going home for three days lol! unless i can use my ipod, that'll be my only retreat @_@

6. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    *blushes* You're too kind. I'm not that good a writer or thinker or anything.

Maybe I can go on my phone... I usually only Facebook coz its free...

7. Mad Man L

A bit late, but my entire family (aside from my uncle, possibly) doesn't know, but all you need to do is just avoid the topic. Unless you're obviously (i.e. you act tomboyish, you scream 'Lesbian' etc.) a lesbian, you should be right. Generally, family members are not as judging about those things (well, at least my family).

And if gay stuff comes up, don't have an opinion. When people in my family gay bash, I just shut up.