1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost coming out..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jerseyboy, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Jerseyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So i just need any advice you have..Cause I've gotten to the point where I've come out to a few friends as just gay, not bi because i know that I'm not...like no, why start lying to myself when I'm trying to come out? and I've told a few friends, all supportive...but the response that bothered me was from one of my closest girl friends who said she accepted me, and even if i decided that i liked girls again she'd be okay with that too...and i know she meant well, but its really gotten to me. I was so sure of my new found accepted sexuality but then this close friend suggests that I might by straight or bi, whatever she was suggesting and i feel so lost now. I know I'm not, but I feel like if i don't consider it then I'll be missing out or lying to myself...I don't know.

Plus its not helping that my one friend i told got me talking to her friend that's kind of in the same place as me coming out, except he thinks he's bi. He's really friendly and i like talking to him...But he seems so sure of himself and the fact that the next step for him is to try and pursue a deep relationship with a girl instead of just hookups and see if it means anything. He tells me that I should be open instead of just jump straight to gay since I lack experience in both sexes but it's like, I lack experience with girls because I don't want it. Why's that so hard for people to understand. Have any gay guys especially gone through something similar coming out and if so, how'd you overcome it?

2. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

Well I'm not a guy, but if you are sure then go for it. If you're starting to question yourself, try to go with a guy and see how you feel. Or go with a girl to get that confirmation that you aren't interested in them.

I did the latter, but with guys...it's a good and bad thing. Just do what you feel is right!

3. Jerseyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeahh I get what you're saying, thanks. I wanna just go with it but its not even that. Its more so a feeling of having to prove myself..and I just hate it

4. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

I get the feeling that I have to prove myself too sometimes. And I think you know this already, but you don't have to prove anything to anyone, you are growing, period. Let yourself just be where you are at now by simply getting to know guys and girls as friends and let romantic relationships develop from there. Plus, you don't have to have any label at all, this is about you and your life. Your friends obviously love you and even though it isn't perfect, it's good and they will grow with you or you'll move on and grow with other folks. But either way, have patience with them and the process of becoming you.