1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not exactly sure how to approach this...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Keelin, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Keelin

Hey everyone,

Keelin here. So for anyone who doesn't know or is to lazy to read my little stat thingys, I'm 14, mtf, and closeted. Now, I want to be out after the holiday season ends.

I'm not entirely sure how to do this. I will be coming out to my guidance counselor first, then my parents. I need a method though. I tried a few times before with a letter, but I couldn't make myself give it to her out of terror. Should I write an Email or something?

I can't say it verbally either, that is way harder.

So what should I do? Decisions decisions.

Merry Xmas/ Hannukah/ Kanzah/ every other religious holiday in the month of Deciembre :slight_smile:

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

You can do either a letter or an e-mail. Both of them are fine. If you feel like you can't just send her an e-mail and come out in it, or just hand her a letter out of the blue, there is a middle-ground. It might be a good idea to do something like this;

Write her an e-mail and in it ask to set up an appointment so that you can talk about something personal after school, because you need help and advice. Then take one of your letters with you to your appointment and when she asks what the problem is, give it to her. This way, you can't chicken out. You're in her office and there's no backing out. But once you sit down with her maybe you'll find out that you don't even need the letter.

Whatever you're scared of, you really don't need to be. She's a counselor. She isn't going to judge you. She went to school to help kids just like you. She sat in a classroom day after day after day waiting for the opportunity to help you. Just do it, and I promise you'll feel so much better.