1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need relationship help...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by aceofnoise23, Dec 25, 2011.

1. aceofnoise23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    okay, so i'm not very active here anymore, but you guys always give good advice. so here it goes.

I like this guy. His name is Pat. He's the funniest and sweetest guy you could ever meet, and I like him a lot. He's 18. I'm 15. I'm almost positive that he likes me. Last year, he got into some shit with a 14 year old that almost got him in major trouble, which prevents us from going out. I can't stop thinking about it. What we could be, you know? I want us to be able to be something, but I'm sure my parents wouldn't approve and neither would his. What should I do?

^This is really badly worded and totally abridged because I could go on for a long time about this guy but i'll leave it at this for now.

2. MommaFrog

When do you turn 16? Each state is different about it's age laws. I THINK as long as you don't have sex, everything would be ok. Seriously though, don't have sex. At all.

Here in Florida we have a 16-24 law. As long as both people are within the 16-24 range, you're ok. I know when I turned 18 I was dating a 16 year old (male) and we even had sex, everything was fine. But, again, each state has its own laws.

Hope I helped...

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would definitely say wait till 16, you could probably still be friends, but I think lay off ideas of relationship until you are definitely both in state law limit.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

As much as it sucks, I would just stay away from the whole situation.

Its not really the age thing that worries me, but the fact that you will have to hide the relationship to your parents. Most of the time keeping those types of secrets never end well since you won't be able to ask them for help if anything does happen, whatever that may be.

As for the legal aspect of it all pretty much what is has been said already.

Another thing to think about is the fact that he has almost gotten in trouble for going out with a 14 year old. Do you really want to go out with someone with that type of drama?

5. summersforecast

I say that depending on what the consequences are(grounding?), your parents approval doesn't matter. So flirt a little, and see where it goes. One more thing, DO NOT HAVE SEX, then you can't be in real trouble :wink:

6. aceofnoise23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in pennsylvania, and the law is that you must be at least 16 before having sex with someone that is 4 years older than you. he is only 3 years older, so it wouldn't be illegal. but i still should probably wait until i'm 16. oh well, thank you for the advice guys :slight_smile: