1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transgender coming out help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SaphireMoon, Dec 25, 2011.

1. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    I want to come out to my mom and tell her that i prefer her to him and she to he but she just had major surgery and she was told she needs years worth of more and now her recovery after this last surgery is not going so well. does anyone have any advice on how i might tell her without complicating her recovery?

2. MommaFrog

Wow, thats a tough situation... I would probably try to wait until the worst of the recovery is over, and I would probably be as gentle as possiable about it. Something along the lines of. "Mom, You know I love you so much, and I know you love me, But there's something you should know. I don't feel like a man. I feel like a woman, and I want to be treated like one."

3. Chandra

Given the circumstances, I agree that it's probably best to wait a little while until your mom has a bit less on her plate before telling her. It doesn't mean you have to wait for "years" until she has had all the surgery she needs - just that you might want to wait until the emotional impact of what she's going through right now has subdued a bit.