1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship questions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by unknown12, Dec 27, 2011.

1. unknown12

Hey, so my life is going REALLY good right now. MUCH better than before. I would like to thank EC for all the support. My parents are still out of the loop with me living my double life and sister too, but I think that is for the best.

ok, so back to the threads title. I have been dating this one guy for 1-2 weeks now and I really like him. We have been getting along well and I think he is a really smart person. I can have conversations with him, that I have never had with anyone else. Ok so everything was going good until my ex boyfriend added me on fb, months after we got into a nasty argument that ended our relationship and friendship. I have always had intense feelings for him and I really like the other guy. I think the end decision will have to come down between intimacy or have a conventional relationship. I am leaning towards the conventional relationship, but idk. I really am still really sexually attracted to the other guy.

Can someone please give me some valuable input!

(ps. sorry in advance if there are spelling/grammar errors. Kinda typing this past midnight)

2. J Snow

Well you sound like you click better with your new boy friend then your ex. If you really feel like you are having a hard time getting over him, then it might be for the best to avoid talking to him. You seem happy with your new man.

Are you not at all sexually attracted to your boy friend? I don't understand how intimacy isn't a part of a conventional relationship.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's at least one way to look at it. With your new bf, you're finding some positive things in your life. You can talk with him, you get along well, and so forth. These are not small issues - finding someone you can talk to as well as be attracted to comes along less than you'd think. Plus, he's someone who's getting to know the new, less-closeted you, as opposed to the old you. Now, with your ex, what positive things is he bringing into your life? You say you had a huge fight with him when things ended a while ago - okay, fair enough. What is he offering now? A pretty face? Or something more than just that? Facebook conversations are easy to have, but can he go further than that now?

Whatever you end up deciding, I would make sure you're comfortable with the decision and then stick with it. It's not the kind of thing you can waver back and forth on after you express an opinion.

4. unknown12

I am to some degree. It's really confusing now. I don't know. Maybe i haven't completely accepted myself yet. maybe I rushed everything too fast

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does the simple fact that your ex - who ended your relationship/friendship in a nasty way - sent you a friend request on FB cause you to consider ditching your current boyfriend and taking back up with him? Or is there more there?

Lex

6. unknown12

It was a complicated story. Basically, my ex was the first person to legit love me. We were talking for a year. And like we did sexual things, and he helped my in my coming out process. Then when I was going through some stuff and blamed him, that's when It ended. Now 3 months later he adds me and still tells me that he loves me. And like really made me feel special before. I like my boyfriend now. were in a casual relationship. I like the fact my boyfriend is most of the time there for me and encouraging me. I just don't know where to go from here.

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Block your ex on facebook and stay with the guy you're with now. The way you described him, he sounds perfect. So, what the hell is wrong with you? Is there something you're not telling us?

8. unknown12

read above story