1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Dream

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stumble along, Dec 28, 2011.

1. stumble along

ok, overall it was a really weird dream, like, massively weird, but the part i want to focus on is the ending. after all the events go down, the kid im currently crushing on the hardest as of now showed up, and we were sitting next to each other, and i told him i really liked him, and he said he liked me too, and i rested my head on his shoulder and then my dad woke me up (super annoyed after that)

but, the thing is, my gaydar has not been wrong yet, and i know there just has to be something up with this kid, or im going to have to check myself into a an insane asylum if im wrong.
    constantly looked at me everyday until i told him to stop (and regretted it afterward)
    keeps responding to me whenever i message him (please, like any normal person would message back some random kid you barely knew for a semester in one class and didnt even physically talk to, at all)
    and raised his hand AFTER i raised mine for wanting to go to a trip.

also, im part of a anti-bullying club which is secretly a gay-straight alliance club.

now my eccentric spontaneous side wants me to message him asking if hes gay or bi or in the closet and see if he wants to join the club, itd also let me see if hes even ok with lgbt people in the first place, so even if he isnt, we can still be friends. and if he is, im prolly going to to try and ask him out, but i digress. i am basing it on the dream because now i really cannot get him out of my head literally.

like this is driving me bat-shit crazy.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All I can say is continue to get to know him. Don't ask him. Remember, it was a dream not reality. Perhaps after a while tell him you're bi, and who knows it could work out for you. But like I said, don't "confront" him over it. You don't know if he is or isn't, and what's the point in ruining a friendship with him if he turns out not only not gay/bi but potentially homophobic as well. That's my advice but you have to make your own choices.

3. ANightDude

First of all, let me just say that a dream is... a dream. Nothing true or false really about them, they usually just play on our current thoughts and emotions are. You're focusing on him, and so you dreamed about him. Don't dwell on that. Dreams are nice, but remember that they aren't reality. So just ignore that, they can't help you or hurt you.

As for the gaydar, while it might be on a winning streak, this could always be the first time. Don't forget that.

While it might be a clue if he's staring at you (a big one, let's be honest), asking him upfront about it isn't going to help at all, because odds he'll say no. I assure that if he isn't totally out, and he doesn't know you that well, he's going to deny it. He could be thinking you're straight and asking him about it because he caught you staring, and you confronted him about it. Just let that ship sail and sink away.

If you are curious, though, just start talking to him more. Become his friend. That way he won't be as nervous about you, and when the time comes, he'll let you know or you'll find out on you're own. But by all means, don't push it to force him to tell you.

4. stumble along

ok, but if the tie ever does come where itd be a good chance to ask him how can i bring it up without directly saying it or drop hints? im relatively new and its senior year i highly doubt hes looking to make new friends and hang out with them over a group.

thats the thing, ive had alot of dreams where things have happened and then the exact same thing, or something very close to it happens later on in real life and it just confuses me because i really wasnt thinking about himm all that much yesterday but he magically just pops up and torments me.

i actually did confront to him about the staring and said he was zoning out, and yet still even afterwards hes not even phased as to what happened because after that i told him i was having 'one of those days' and then i just started chatting and he hasnt ignored me so far.
    and id love to know and get to know him but the semester class has ended, we might have a chance in being in the next semester class again, should i sit next to him? would that make it too weird? if we dont have the class, should i still find ways to message him?

5. ANightDude

Well that may happen, but that doesn't guarantee it'll happen every single time. It's just a warning. Like I said, dreams aren't reality.

In the words of the great and late Dumbledore, " It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

Just cause I could.

I'd say go for sitting next to him if you have a class, that way you can make small talk, conversation, grow a relationship, etc. As for the messaging, there isn't an issue as long as you don't make it creepy or over the top. Has he been looking at you more than once? If so, that's probably a hint he could be into you.

6. stumble along

much more than once since as far as i can remember in that class, until i asked him about it and he stopped.
    i mean there has to be something because im one of those observer people that sit in the back if they dont know anyone and watch all the other people do things, he acts different, ive seen him looking at things other people dont and he uses his hands differently and stuff like that. man do i sound like a creeper.

what do you think would classify as over the top/ creepy?