1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good friend. How Do I tell her??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaYMich6el, Dec 29, 2011.

1. gaYMich6el

I just started telling people Im gay, mostly family members, who to my surprise have been completely supportive, and Im thankful.

However, my stresses keep multiplying every time I encounter another friend that I have to tell. Consider this:

My good friend from college (girl), we're going to be hanging out soon since were both home for the holidays. Were not really romantic, but we hang out together when we can, and I kind of get the feeling now she likes me, and shes looking to get married soon. I act totally straight and we're also religious so I def dont give off a gay vibe per se. When Ive been getting attention from most girls they realize Im not enthusiastic and they usually back off, but this girl is very sweet, kind of naive, I think she would be totally confused and floored when I tell her Im gay. I want to stay friends, and Im frightened about how she would take it. But I have to do it.

I def need some encouragement tho

2. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The first is ALWAYS the hardest. They only get easier after that.

There are three options as to how she might respond.
    -Accept you as you without problems
    -Be floored but decide your friendship is worth more than your orientation
    -Reject you, for whatever reasons

At least, thats how I measured up before I told anyone.

And as hard as it is, if someone decides to not be your friend because you're gay? They're not worth your friendship.

3. confused102188

I agree! My first like 10 coming outs were sooooo hard. My heart would race and I would even get light headed. Every one of those coming outs went very well. They all were fine with it. Now I'm 100% out and its so easy to say it. I'm gay! lol. You'll get there too! Dont be so worried about it and just do it. If she rejects you then she wasn't worth your friendship!!! Good luck and Welcome to EC! It helped me out of the closet and it'll help you!

4. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I agree. Though not out to many, I'm out to over 10 and the last one I was talking and it just slipped out so easily it surprised me. Main thing is, the more casually you treat it, the more casually they will treat it, I've found.