1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it makes sense to say I feel "gayer" when i'm more confident?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pace e amore, Dec 31, 2011.

1. pace e amore

Like when I feel everything in my life is going smoothly I feel more comfortable with who I am than when I feel like I'm stuck in a rut.

2. commandZ

I feel that but the other way around: when I admit to myself that I'm gay I feel more confident.

3. oneday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the same way sometimes. It's part of discovering who you are. In the beginning, I used to have days where I was gay and other days where I was straight. The "straight days" were the days when I would be in denial.

4. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

wow, when i feel more confident, i feel more straight

5. Eli

Eli Guest

That makes sense to me. When I'm confident, I tend to act much more masculine... so, sort of a trans equivalent.

6. IanGallagher

Same here lol.

I guess it might, unsure your orientation, be because we're dudes who lean more towards chicks - so, it makes us go after chicks a lot more. Or if you don't lean towards chicks... maybe just the confident part makes the chicks part stronger. I just saw that you're also bi.

But, yeah - makes sense. I think confidence just makes people more who they are fully. I'm more into girls. When my confidence is at an all time high, I'm girl-crazy. Probably works for gay guys in a boy-crazy way. Practically same orientation effects, just different gender.

I think this is largely why guys rarely catch my eyes in the gym in that way other than, "hey bud, let's hang out" while with girls it's "oh my god,yes!!!!" sort of way lol. Just the confidence of working out makes girls pop out to a billion times horny degree.

Also of note -- when I feel very vulnerable or low and need a shoulder to lean on - that's when the boy-crazy part really kicks in to being noticeable lol. This tends to come and go though while the girl part remains a constant - kinda how I know leaning.

Still trying to figure my chemistry out on what triggers what, but basically... yeah...

#7 IanGallagher, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  7. Tracker57

When I feel more confident, I let my guard down and give up on pretensions. The real me is a gay guy inside. So I see myself as "more gay." (But I'm not sure what that means. LOL) Don't beat yourself up or worry about expectations if the real you shows up. Enjoy being comfortable in your skin.

8. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

ian "confidence just makes people more who they are" wow, yes!